“If you like a huge delicious roast beef to order sandwich, on a warm toasted seeded roll , this is the place.”
Review of Kelly's Roast Beef

Kelly's Roast Beef
Ranked #19 of 113 Restaurants in Danvers
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Danvers
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The original kelly's Roast beef is on Revere Beach Boulevard, Revere, Massachusetts. They are known for their roast beef sandwiches. They also make an incredible array of fish dishes, such as a clam plate, scollop plate, fish and chips plate, and my favorite, the shrimp plate. All of the dishes come with onion rings and coleslaw. On a cold, rainy, raw, bone chilling, New England day, nothing tastes better than a pint of Kelly's home made clam chowda with oyster crackers. They have some satellite Kelly's Roast Beefs, one of which is in Danvers. Disregard any reviews that are critical of the above Kelly's food offerings. You can be sure that if they weren't dishing out delicious food, I wouldn't be going there for 35 years.

Danvers MA
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Even though the name is Kelly's Roast Beef and my sister says they are really good, I go here all the time for seafood. They have wonderful Shrimp and Scallop dinners at a reasonable price. I have eaten in and taken them home as well. With Lent coming up a really good deal.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Worst ever!!!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

First of all, when i saw the side order of Mac & Cheese on the menu(by Kraft), it should have been a signal that it was indeed, boxed Mac & Cheese you buy at a market for $1.00. (their price 2.95) I had ordered that as well as a roast beef sandwich, that was absolutely disgusting. The "meat" looked as if it were a few days old. Brown and lots of grissle. I was so mad I couldn't even go back and complain because i was just so beside myself. Never!! ever!! again will I ever visit this establishment.

Eldorado Hills, CA
“Great NE fare favorites on the run”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I had eaten at Kelly's in Revere as a child, and as an adult, the new locations in Saugus and Danvers - but I now live in CA - and it has been a few years since my last stop. I almost passed up the most recent visit based on some so - so trip advisor reviews - but so glad I did not. Four of ate. Lobster roll was better than my memory, my wife had the full belly fried clams that she so misses now that we are outside of NE. Friends had the fish platter - fantastic and large portions and the roast beef. We are all foodies - as fast food goes - this was great. Atmosphere was as expected for fast food - yet the restaurant was clean and service quick - with follow ups from the staff to ask how we were doing. FFs were good and onion rings while acceptable - do not measure up to the wonderful ones we used to order years ago at Nauset Beach. So glad we stopped - will be back!

• Visited January 2014
Lynn, Massachusetts
“Best Tarter Sauce - EVER”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Kelly's tartar sauce is just simply the best - ever. Consistently thick, chunky with just the right amount of tang. The mouthwatering tartar sauce is the perfect condiment with the perfectly fried fish. My new favorite drink is Pibb - cherry flavor - right from the cool drink dispenser. Self serve was fun and the many choices are sure to make everyone happy. Service is fast, food was brought to the table after ordering at the counter.French fries were not very hot and the accompanying onion rings were over done. Portions certainly not meager - but have definitely been reduced to be able to keep the prices reasonable. Will definitely return but won't rush.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Kelly's Roast Beef? Share your experiences!