“Great Food and Attentive Staff”

Ponte Vecchio Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 111 Restaurants in Danvers
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Wayland, Massachusetts
“Great Food and Attentive Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Recently enjoyed a wonderful three course Italian dinner with a group of friends. Wait staff was very good and made a number of good food suggestions. Wine selection was broad and we had several bottles of very nice wine.

Would highly recommend for a wonderful evening out.

• Visited January 2013

Maine
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

Was in the area, needed lunch, searched on my navigator device...it was just happen-chance this place was so near to where I was. Great food, great people. I can only speak for the lunch but based on my experience, I'd go back for an elegant dinner. It was like being in Italy again.

• Visited January 2013
Merrimac, Massachusetts
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

Six of us went out for a business dinner. The waiter suggested that he bring us a variety of appetizers. When we agreed, he brought out several excellent appetizers for each of us: a shrimp, calamari, and octopus dish, and a separate octopus dish. Both were excellent. The waiter suggested a pasta dish which was also excellent. At this point we could have stopped eating but the food was so good we continued. Several of us the the branzino, a Mediterranean Sea bass cooked in an envelope of salt. It was the highlight of the evening - moist and delicious. The meal was excellent.

New England
“One of the best restaurants in the Danvers area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

We've been going to Ponte Vecchio for years and have never been disappointed. It's in a strip mall on route 1 north right off of 95, which can be deceiving. If I did not know the experience I would have I would probably drive by. It's casual upscale. There are a number of tables in the dining area and the bar area is large and open, and usually bustling. Full menu at the bar. It is family owned and we've always been treated very well. They have some of the best pizza around. They make their own breads and pasta, and I think their own desserts too. The owner selects and picks up their fish daily. The specials menu is always very nice. The salads are large and always very fresh. I asked for a 1/2 salad the other night without any hassle. I've read some of the comments on price- you don't get close to this quality elsewhere in the area - the main reason I keep going back. The prices are mostly $teens and twenties - commensurate with other quality restaurants with excellent food. There is a nice wine menu too. I've been here with my husband, family, friends, and solo. Definitely a keeper.

• Visited December 2012
Massachusetts
“Truly a gem of a restaurant and five star, no question!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

This restaurant is five star, no question! Beautiful interior, very warm and cozy and classy, and suitable for any event. We went there for a birthday celebration and the food was fantastic and the service was top notch! There was only three of us. We arrived late, about 9 pm., and the staff couldn't have been more attentive. The authentic crusty bread and olive oil with fresh grated cheese and spices was a free starter and excellent. We had martinis first and mine was the limoncello martini, absolutely classic Italian and perfect! We ordered the warm vegetable appetizer in marinara sauce with melted cheese on top and it was delicious. I ordered the swordfish special and it was absolutely fantastic. I am Italian and can be very critical of good Italian sauce.....theirs was dellicious! The swordfish was cooked perfectly, very moist and tender. We also had the veal parmesean and it was so good, we left nothing on the plate! The potatoe gnocci was also delicious and authentic. For dessert, we splurged with the homemade tiramisu and cannoli....both worth raving about and enormously satisfying. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The service was also 5 star..they were there for our every need and went above and beyond trying to please us. We also saw that they have live music which is quite a treat. We will definitely go back again, and recommend this true gem of a restaurant to all our friends.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Ponte Vecchio Restaurant? Share your experiences!