“Probably best to find somewhere else”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I booked this as it appeared from the internet site it was a totally new property only open from 1st September. My family of 10 had 4 rooms What I did not know was that it was formerly a Days Inn that switched to Econolodge on this date. Receptionist had a personality bypass. Assured me even though it was a pay on booking reservation no money was actually taken until you turn up. Strange as it states clearly no refunds are given if you cancel. Need to check my credit card statement when I get home.
The lodge seemed to be inhabited with single mothers and their offspring. We wondered if it was used as B&B accommodation by the local council.
Anyway even though it looks in need of a lick of paint the rooms were comfortable and clean. A continental breakfast was included in the $79 rate. So for 1 night if was acceptable. Good location for a mall and restaurants and for getting into Salem.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank DELLAMAY

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Before you people go and stay at a hotel why dont you read the reviews. Ive been here for nearly 3 months no problems at all. Rooms are always cleaned. Yes It can be updated, but what are you complain for $60 bucks a Night. For the ones WHO are complain about the kids playing. What else you want them to do, there living here. You dont like it go else where. For the breakfast isnt too bad, but why are you complain its FREE!!!! Theres white toast, package plain donuts, and cereal, not packaged. Along with cranberry juice, and orange juice. With plenty of coffee.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank ltdmom1104
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Ok, so my pregnant wife and 2 yr old daughter were with me when we were coming back from Gloucester, tired as hell and took the exit when we saw the Econo Lodge sign off Rt 128. Too bad we didnt have smartphones to tell us that just 2 more exits later there were far better hotels!!

They charged us $100 a night for basically a shack with running water. There was a young girl, in early 20s wandering around the premises, apparently high on something! Lots of women and kids who seem to live there, not stay for a few days. The Hotel is owned by Dilip Patel Corporation, which clearly is an Indian name.
Nothing against Indian hotel owners, but if you are offering poor service, dont expect to charge high prices.

The next morning I went to grab some breakfast , it came to no surprise that all they had was white bread, packaged non branded cereal and plastic wrapped donuts.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

The beds were comfortable. The whole hotel was dirty and I believe try are going through renovations. This we found out when someone else who checked in went to her room and there was no furniture set up. It was all stacked.
We heard or neighbors all night and was not a comfortable place to be.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I booked two rooms online via Expedia in February for our holiday to the U.S in August. I primarily booked this hotel because of the proximity to Boston, price and mainly the lovely swimming-pool which was shown on the web-site which my 9 year old daughter was really looking forward to using especially as it was so hot. On arrival at the hotel the two rooms and keys were allocated and I was told that there was NO SWIMMING POOL. I was extremely disappointed but resolved to make the best of a bad situation. The first night was fine and we went to Denny's which was very nice and friendly. The following morning at breakfast I noticed lots of people in their pyjamas filling up carrier bags full of food and thought it was a bit strange. When I walked back over to my room I saw lots of tvs, chairs etc sitting outside other rooms and also lots of people milling around and talking and children playing. It was a bit like a council estate so realised that people were actually living there. The following evening went to Dennys again which was fine but when returned to room, noticed lots of people talking and smoking outside and this went on past midnight. The following morning went to see my 83 year old mother in the adjoining room and learnt that someone had repeatedly tried to get in to her room with a key between 10pm and 1am in the morning. Luckily she had locked the door from the inside but had been extremely terrified by this incident and it appears that her original booking had not been logged on the computer so her room was showing as empty. When we went to see the lady at reception the following morning she showed absolutely no empathy and just said that we wouldn't be charged for that room but didn't really care about my mother's appalling experience. Luckily the Manager was more understanding when we explained to him the following day. Apart from that, I must say that both rooms were very clean and the cleaning lady came in daily and did a good job. The rooms were quite nice and reasonably sized, typical of other Days Inns that I have stayed at and the breakfast was quite good although not much variety but the permanent customers certainly let this hotel down.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Cathy186298
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

We booked online before our trip. Do not believe the pictures on the Days Inn website. When we first drove into the parking lot we saw running and screaming kids. As it turns out there are atleast ten welfare funded famiies living there. The rooms were small and smelled of cigarette smoke. There were people looking in our windows, we did not feel safe. We stayed only long enough to book other rooms at Comfort Inn. Do not stay, book elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank bethiegrl1
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Never ever stay here under any circumstances. I booked this hell hole for my wife and myself plus my parents for a vacation trip to Salem. We soon found out why our price deal was non-refundable. First of all, it isn't a hotel, it's government welfare housing with a Days Inn sign outside it. When we drove in, the first thing we saw was a multitude of kids running around, screaming and the buildings were crumbling and in very bad repair. When we went to our rooms, they were as bad on the inside as on the outside of the place. Kids were peering into our windows and running up and down screaming and yelling. We felt very unsafe and I didn't even feel good leaving our rental car outside the rooms. I immediately called Days Inn reservations to try to get a refund but they said we'd have to deal directly with the hotel management. Fortunately the girl on reception agreed to cancel our booking and refund us. It didn't seem any surprise to her that we wanted to leave. We quickly packed up and got lovely clean rooms at the Comfort Inn across town. The pictures and description on the website are very misleading, they make the place out to be great for vacations to Boston and Salem. Don't be fooled! Stay away!! This was the last time that we will ever book a room at a Days Inn as they evidently just don't care.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel!