“Better than I expected.”

Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
“Better than I expected.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

With an accommodating staff, free breakfast, luxurious rooms, and a good location, the North Shore Danvers Residence Inn is a great choice for those people interested in seeing what Salem, MA has to offer during their busiest hallmark of the year, Halloween.

I expected busy, I didn't expect nigh-unwalkable streets. To say Salem gets packed at Halloween would be a gross understatement and misuse of the term. I had planned to stay in the city, but the better rates just a mere 6 miles away called me to the outskirts... and I was ever so glad I decided to remove myself each night to a separate location because, honestly, it's almost too cramped to breathe.

It was a wonderful experience and having a nice, quiet room with 24 hr knowledgable service at the desk and a truly home-like environment, the hustle of the crowded streets fleetingly left my mind as I comfortably drifted to sleep on a large king-sized mattress. Residence Inn gave me the respite I needed after 12 hours on my feet to better help me prepare for the next days return to madness.

Overall, I can see myself staying at another Residence Inn on my next vacation and hope my next experience is just as enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2013
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our teams goal is for every guest to have a perfect experience. I am glad you will be a frequent Residence Inn guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this property 11/23-11/25/13.
This property is in a great location off of I-95 with a TGIF next door and a Planet Fitness is across the street. If you go up the road you are near North Shore mall and a variety of restaurants.
There is also a Starbucks located 1.5 miles away.
Our room was extremely clean. I observed the house keeping carts and was impressed by the fact that they clean the bed spreads and blankets daily at your request.
Although all of the house keeping staff aren't fluent in English, the hotel notifies you of the language barrier. They let you know that if you should need further assistance, contact the front desk. We were extremely pleased with all of the staff.
There is a nice complimentary breakfast with healthier choices for those of us who are always on the road. They also offer an evening meal three days during the week. A nice option when your working on the road.
The gym is small and efficient. They have two very nice treadmills, one elliptical a set of dumb bells 5lbs-25lbs, a water cooler, towels and earbuds to make your cardio session more enjoyable.
We will definitely use this property again in the future.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank The Flying J
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
WOW! What a terrific review I truly appreciate the time you took to write it. Our guest experience is our main priority. Thank you for your business. We look forward to your return visit.
Dutchess County, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Booked 2-nights to visit key towns in area. Convenient to all points from Salem-Newburyport. I disagree w/purpleurchin. Rooms were all redecorated last year; like brand-new. Bathroom was spotless...first place I look upon arrival. Trash cans in bathroom & fully-stocked kitchen. First time in "chalet-style" bldg., but it has RI's over-sized (450 sq ft) room. However, I do prefer suite vs. studio-only setting here. BTW...fireplace is "real", not gas-a pleasant surprise. Duraflame logs sold @ front desk. Not sure if beds replaced w/room update. Mine was in poor shape - soft & sagging. Breakfast has a wide variety of hot & cold items...very fresh & plentiful! (Suggestion: extend to 9:30.) Overall, a nice stay; would return in future.

Room Tip: Ask for inner courtyard...quiet & close to gatehouse.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your experience. The hotel was renovated 2 years ago and the mattresses were replaced 3 years ago. Our goal is for you to have a great experience so glad we succeeded.
Glen Allen, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I picked this hotel as it is one of only a few on US 1 coming up from Boston that has any restaurants within walking distance and I did not have a car; I was working with business associates during the day.. (Unfortunately for me one of those restaurants, a TGI Fridays was closed for the week for complete renovations). This is an older style Residence Inn with the “Ski Chalet” style cabins which means they are wood frame construction (noisy) and you have to walk outdoors to get to the gatehouse for meals. Especially during the winter months this can be a real drawback. The rooms themselves have been nicely redecorated. The Flat screen TV’s have a least several HD channels available. Wireless HS internet was very slow (0.90 Mbps per SpeedTest.net). Breakfast was fine with hot and cold offerings, yogurts, bananas and a waffle maker. Breakfast does not start until 6:30. I felt the evening receptions were a little lame compared to most I’ve seen at other Residence Inn’s: simple salad and mac & cheese one night, packaged microwaved eggplant pharm another night. There are a number of rooms very close to the highway and the noise was considerable. On the plus side, the front desk folks were very friendly and eager to please. I had an issue with my door lock; it was fixed promptly and with numerous apologies from the staff that I had a problem. More good than bad here, give it consideration if the location and hotel layout suits your needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a rioom as far away from the highways as possible
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for your positive comments regarding the hotel. I do believe I spoke with you at check in regarding the closure of TGI Friday's for 4 days during their renovation. It is fortunate that the hotel was serving a light dinner during those days. Our guests enjoy the hospitality nights. We certainly value your business.
Italy & USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This hotel was a great last night of a long trip.

The staff was great, the upgrade was very welcome and the price was perfect.
Usually the breakfasts at this type of hotel are limited... not here full on breakfast buffet.
The location is great for last minute shopping before we headed back to Europe.

Nothing fancy just great.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite for a family is welcome after a month of 'togetherness'
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for your terrific comments. It our goal for each guest to have a perfect experience.
Davenport, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Nice place, terrific staff. On the down side we had to call maintenance to get the bathroom faucet to go any strong than a trIckle. There were no baking sheets in our room, which rendered the oven almost moot (the crack staff was helpful in providing us with pans from their kitchen). Connecting to the slow-but-free Internet was easy but connecting to the faster, pay service was impossible. This seemed to be rampant among all guests at the hotel. Breakfast was nice and varied, so that should go up top with the rest of the positives. The lock to the laundry room door broke, rendering it inaccessible until mainenance returned in the morning (our laundry was safely locked inside). Highway 1 in Danvers is an ugly driving mess so building a hotel on it was not a good idea. VERY confusing roadway. Miss your turn and you're stuck in a nightmarish 5-10 minute loop-around just to get back. That situation is compounded by bad hotel signage. The hotel sign is on the street, below a TGI Fridays sign. Since the TGIF sign is at eye level, the hotel sign is at knee level.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for the great comments regarding our staff. I am working on additional signage to avoid the frustration you encountered. The hotel had an issue with the upgraded internet that is now resolved.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We knew that we had to be careful approaching this property. Its entrance is on the near side of a TGIFridays that kind of hides the hotel's presence behind the restaurant. If you miss the entrance you have to go around and try again. Because we knew of the potential problem, we were able to find the hotel without any difficulty. The reception experience was excellent; the rooms were very clean and quite comfortable. The room contained all the amenities we expected from a member of the Residence Inn chain, but they were all seemed to be new or very well maintained. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quite dark with the lights out and the curtains drawn, making for a good night's sleep. The breakfast was above the normal standard for Residence Inns and the breakfast room was kept clean and well-stocked.
As hard as it was to access the hotel, it was that easy to get back on I95 in the morning; two right turns and we were right back on the interstate, well rested and fed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Maryellen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for your complimentary comments about your hotel experience. It is our goal to give each guest a memorable stay. We truly value and appreciate your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
Courtyard Boston Danvers
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody

Been to Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers? Share your experiences!