All reviewschoice hotelsnorth shorefull kitchenstovefridge
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I cannot believe this hotel is allowed to have rooms that look/feel like this. There were stains all over the wall and ceiling, a red stain on the floor, the sink was broken, one of the beds were broken, and the hallways smelled like marijuana. I genuinely felt unsafe while in this room. Ridiculous. The hotel advertises free breakfast and only had coffee.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
kspaulding, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Reviewed 26 September 2017

This place is horrible. Bad housekeeping, sticky carpets, smoked filled rooms, terrible maintenance. Unknowledgable and rude staff.

For a hotel that offers stove top and sink they have no dishware. There is mold and dust and no good ventilation. It would be cruel to house zoo animals in this place. If you have any health issues. This def isn't where you want to be.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Diana C

I am very sorry that this was your experience with our hotel. I would like to be able to take your feedback and help train our staff. Sometimes we are caught when we are less than our best for our guests. While this is not an excuse it is an opportunity for us to improve for the future. Please visit us once our renovations are complete!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I felt incredibly unsafe and the hotel itself is unfit for families or individuals traveling alone.

The hotel is filthy, the carpets are stained with years of neglect. Every surface in my room had a variety of unidentifiable stains and the floors are slick in the 'wooden' area with something to try to cover up the odd stains and peculiar large burn markings on the floors. The doors are covered in a thick grim, from old cigarette smoke, and looks as though someone has kicked the lock in a time or two.

I booked through Priceline needing a hotel for an early flight out of BOS. The hotel was marked as a 2.5-star hotel. This is anything but.

Room Tip: Unsafe and Unsanitary
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

I am sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. Cleanliness is very important to us, and we have strict procedures in place to ensure each room is thoroughly cleaned at each turnover, but we will be sure to review procedures with housekeeping to guard against situations like the those detailed in your review. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Forgot keys to the property I was staying at in Cape Ann and this was one of the only hotels with availability I could find at midnight from my phone. I reluctantly booked at room for $140- the room was really out of shape with nicks and stains and the bathroom was quite old but at least clean. We showered up and got ready for bed and when I undid the bed it was very clear that the sheets had not been changed after the previous guest who slept in them left, I went to reception and the lady who was at the front desk (and was very nice) offered to change them herself but at this point it was past 1am and my husband and I were both in our pajamas so I just said I would do it myself. The next morning I asked it would be possible to get some sort of reimbursement as a show of good faith and was told that the manager was not there and would be back in a few days. I followed up 3 times by phone and was reimbursed $20 which is not quite commensurate to the unfortunate experience we had but I had no time to further protest.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank minapandora
kspaulding, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear minapandora,

We're so sorry you did not enjoy your stay! We apologize for the oversight and we will be discussing the correct procedure for room changeover to ensure there are no issues with guests in the future. We hope you you'll be back to visit once our renovations are complete!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

When we arrived, they didn't have a room for us and no explanation for it. I'd booked a double through their website a couple of weeks in advance. However, they quickly remedied the problem by giving us two rooms for no extra charge so we could each have a bed (I was traveling with my teenage son) and knocked a few dollars off to boot.

But the great staff just couldn't make up for the fact that the rooms are old and worn out. The surfaces, especially in the kitchen, are cheap and chipped up. The floor was lumpy, squeaky, and felt damp. The bedding looked clean and decent, but I still felt slightly uncomfortable in the room. It's just not a great place to sleep. I kinda wish I'd spent the additional $50 for a decent hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
kspaulding, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Barbara D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to sincerely apologize for not meeting your standards. Thank you for the kind words about our staff, and for taking the time to submit your review. We hope to see you again once our property renovations are complete! Best, Karen