“Friendly staff, great location”

Courtyard Boston Danvers
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Friendly staff, great location”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

In town to see a horse show, this hotel is close to many restaurants. All the staff were friendly and attentive - including a doublecheck from the front desk to make sure the room was what I expected. The breakfast is overpriced so we went to Panera at the mall for the following two mornings. Room was clean and spacious.

Room Tip: We either had kids or nervous pacers upstairs which was a bit of an annoyance the first and third ni...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Beth_sage

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Shapleigh, Maine
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The courtyard is in an excellent location for Salem area attractions and is about a half hour from Boston by car and train service is available in Salem about 4 miles away. The hotel is clean and well run, and not as expensive as many in the area. The maid staff is very loud in the hallways if you try to sleep late in the morning, and the doors bang on the first floor near end of the hall when closed. Was surprised that breakfast was not identified clearly as having a charge when most Courtyards have free breakfast. Overall good hotel to stay in when visiting the area.

Room Tip: I would recommend top floor, floors above are loud when people are stomping around
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MEShapleigh
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Stayed 2 nights, service at check in was good. Room was clean and comfortable. The cleaning staff were very helpful and friendly. Very close to a mall which was convenient. Enjoyed our stay

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KaikouraWhaleWatch
terri333
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I recently travelled with my elderly mom and stayed at the Courtyard Boston Danvers Marriott. The Courtyard was able to provide us with two adjoining rooms on the second floor without a problem. My mom was very worried about being separated from us so this was just perfect! The Courtyard was very clean, the restuarant staff and front desk staff were wonderful and we would definitely stay there again. We had contacted several other hotels, e.g. the Hampton Inn on Route 1 in Peabody, MA. Not only could they NOT provide adjoining rooms, they couldn't even guarantee that we would be on the same floor! Definitely consider the Courtyard in Danvers if you have special needs! They are the best!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2012

The front desk and duty manager cheerfully accommodated a last minute room change at checkin, from a single king to a double queen and a kids roll-away cot (which was really a study bed).

The facility provides a breakfast buffet, and the dining room coordinator was very friendly and helpful -- even remembered what we had ordered the morning before!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Canton, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Have stayed at this Marriott property several times as it is a convenient location for dropping and picking up our student at a nearby college, and have had a chance to visit many other Marriotts of different levels (regular Marriott, Courtyard, Residence Inn) as a Platinum member. Caitlin at check-in was extremely pleasant and efficient. Other visits I have been met with a range of reactions, from the same high level of courtesy to someone who seemed overworked and impatient. The rooms are clean, though noise occasionally carries a little through the walls (less than a Sheraton I was also at recently). Fitness center only one elliptical, but typical for a Courtyard. Did not dine here. Many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My room and the entire hotel were very clean and well appointed. Upon check-in I was informed that breakfast was served from 6-10 a.m. After completing my breakfast the next morning (a $12.79 standard buffet) I was surprised to learn it wasn't included in my room rate. I questioned the front desk about the charge, objecting to having to pay for something that I wasn't told wasn't included. They did deduct the tip from my bill. I called customer care and a very helpful agent graciously resolved my complaint, after calling the front desk and despite a front desk employee misrepresenting (I'm using the the polite term) what I had said to her. When I went back to the front desk after completing my call with customer care, the same front desk associate stopped mid-sentence complaining about me to other staff when I approached around the corner. Also, my reservation clearly stated my stay was to be billed to a corporate credit card--I discovered after returning home, bill was charged to my own personal credit card. Still, the hotel was clean and hospitable with an outstanding staff except for the exceptions I've noted.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank NelsonBarnes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
Boston Marriott Peabody
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#3 of 9 in Danvers
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers

Been to Courtyard Boston Danvers? Share your experiences!