“Great for families with little ones!”

Demarest Lloyd State Park
North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great for families with little ones!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

Very shallow water,great for the little one to explore. Rest rooms available. Plenty of parking and a shaded picnic area.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank SMS_Bob

Rochester, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Just like it was when I was a kid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

We used to go to Barney's Joy for Fourth of July when I was a kid. It was an all day event, packing up a picnic, bringing the jars for firefly catching later in the even and polliwog catching in the stream. We loved low tide to walk out on the sandbar, walking along the beach. 40 yrs or so later and the place looks the same .. that's good with me. Lots of fun, just as I remembered. I brought my nieces and nephew and they too had a blast (I know they'll remember it when they grow up)

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Laura M
Boston, Massachusetts
234 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 615 helpful votes
“Great views of the ocean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Coastal pleasure. All seasons. Surrounded by farm and sea.

Visited December 2011
MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Massachusetts Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2009

I think Demarest Lloyd Beach is absolutely Gorgeous. It has huge sandbars so it is perfect for little ones since the water in this area only gets between 2-3 feet (no waves) and the water is warmer. Terrific landscape and very serine. Great picnic areas too!

If your looking for t-shirt stands, arcades and gift shops this is certainly not the place.
If your looking a nice day to relax on the beach, then you found your place. Two thumbs way up!

8 Thank RandyWestMa
Milford, Massachusetts
305 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 945 helpful votes
“Beach isn't best if walking/strolling on beach is main priority”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2008

We have been going to neighboring Horseneck Beach for years. As I was on the Horseneck Beach portion of the mass.gov website, I noticed a link for Demarest Lloyd State Park. It is a few miles away, so we decided to give it a try. We got there around noontime on Sunday. There were still quite a few parking spots in the lot.

The beach is very narrow, with most of the area rocky and piles of seaweed, so it really isn’t great for a long, leisurely stroll. There were several families enjoying the beach area as well as the picnic area. The water is much calmer in comparison to Horseneck.

The families that were there appeared to be having fun at the park, but our main reason for going to the beach is for walks, so this beach was not the right one for us.

4 Thank Nikko4Me