“'Til the wrecking ball, it will do.”

Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Marriott has done their best with a cramped and dated facility. The rooms are too small, and are accessed by these endless "Get Smart" style hallways. Still, it was clean and updated, the staff was helpful, and it is right off 128. A short, but awkward (no sidewalk), walk will take you to commuter rail. A similarly short but awkward walk will get you to the new Legacy Place shopping center/ restaurant complex. We didn't try the attached Italian restaurant, but it looked promising. If the numbers work, and zoning will allow, Marriott should doze this facility and build a mid rise facility with more elbow room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Looking at the buildings I was concerned. However, upon entering my room the furniture was in good condition and the expected amenities were acceptable. A flat panel TV was in-room and the furniture was not marred. Some occupants were noisy. I hate when people let their doors slam. Especially if they are arriving LATE! One night my room keys failed to operate. This required me to walk outside to the front desk where I waited behind someone checking in, someone purchasing snacks and another complaining about his TV remote. It was past 11:00 pm and my patient were thin, but I was polite. Breakfast was ok. No eggs or sausage here, however microwave eggs, burritos and sandwiches available. Housekeepers did a nice job. Desk staff ok. Staying in a Courtyard next week. Waiting to see the difference.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high floor. There is the highway nearby, so I guess to be put on the quiet side...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bbbob84
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Relatively updated Fairfield Inn, conveniently located next to 128. lots of local shopping. Friendly staff, clean rooms. A/C & heater was pretty noisy.

Room Tip: ask for one in the building across from the office
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BobField
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We stayed here to visit family nearby and had a large group of college students checking in at the same time as us, but we had a quiet and restful sleep. I like that they made you sign a statement agreeing to quiet hours from 10PM to 6 am. good breakfast, comfortable bed, clean bathroom and room

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ARhoward
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Night and day. I stayed here a month ago, and had a great room, great service. Now My room is tiny, facing the parking area. I have to hang blankets on the curtains to block out some of the light. The fan doesn't work, so I can't block out any of the noise. the restaurant has a hoard of fruit flies. In our drinks in our food. It was horrible! and my sheets have what looks like blood stains on them.

Room 319 is not where you want to stay! and if this fruit fly infestation in here to stay, eat at a burgurking! don't go to the bar here!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Lewca
Reviewed 28 November 2011

A very clean hotel with a great location. We were in town for a wedding, but we could walk to lots of shops in the nearby town center, enjoyed dinner at PF Changs (also walking distance), and had a late night drink at the Yard House, which had over a hundred draft beers. It was a short drive to downtown Boston and to the T.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room in the main part of the building. One of the rooms in the other section sme...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank wirfelch
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Dedham for 4 nights over Thanksgiving. We picked this hotel because it is close to where my sister-in-law lives, and because the price was good. It's a very basic accommodation - acceptable but not more than that. Other than its proximity to our family, I would see no reason to stay here. It's clean. If you're looking for amenities or luxury, this is not the place. If you're looking for something in this area for a good price and you're not going to spend much time in the hotel, this is a fine choice. There is a free make-your-own breakfast bar.

• Stayed: November 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 3 in Needham
2 mi away
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Dedham/Westwood

Been to Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!