“Great stay...with some small issues....”

Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
East Coast USA
“Great stay...with some small issues....”
Reviewed 17 October 2010

This was my second stay at this hotel and I can sum it up by saying that all in all it is a fine place to stay but it has some slight issues. During this stay, I booked two rooms as there were four of us. The overall place is very clean and the rooms are fine (in no way luxurious). Rooms have nice TV's and fridges but my room had a strange smell, and the second room I booked had a strong perfume like smell. The bathroom sink in my room didn't drain but was corrected by maintainence in swift order. My biggest 'complaints' are that my room had a really weird noise that was hard to identify. It was intermittant...like a vent system gone awry....but it was somewhat loud and strange. The other 'complaints' would be about the smell in the two rooms and I was sorry that the restaurant adjacent to the hotel was closed for good (I had enjoyed it on my last visit). The layout of the rooms is confusing, as noted in other reviews. It's definitely true that if you are sensitive to tempurature, don't sleep on the side of the bed closest to the heat/cold vent! Breakfast was fine. On the posititve side, the bed was really comfortable and aside from the very occasional door shutting in the hallway, it was very quiet. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if someone is not expecting a luxury Marriott.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank klsummer09

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Sometimes it is the accumulation of little things that can change a good stay to a less than favorable experience. Overall I'll certainly look in to the other hotels nearby first, before staying again - would only do so if the surrounding hotels are booked. The hotel is in a good location right off of 128/95S, is across from a new mall, but the property is a little tatty. Exterior key locks to enter the building failed to work, and door handles on interior doors were broken. The mini-fridge in my room did not work when I specifically requested a room with a fridge. The rooms were very clean - no issues there - however the walls are thin so if you are a light sleeper be sure your room is not near the pool or busier spots of the parking lots. My main gripe is with one of the desk staff -- there was one young woman who was quite abrupt and rude to me on the phone. I had called to inform the hotel that my arrival date would be changing, and to double-check that my specific room request would still be honored. She snapped back that there was no guarantee I'd be given the room, and that they aren't going to kick the person who is in it now out to accommodate me. HELLO! Uncalled for and rude! When I did check in she did not put in the system that I changed my arrival - perhaps spiteful, too -- and I had explain that I had called, etc. It was a pain. I'd only recommend staying here as a last choice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Allen, tx
Reviewed 16 August 2010

If I had to use one word to describe this hotel stay "pathetic" would fall short. I'm a Long member of Marriott's rewards program and well accustomed to quality and always a clean room, I booked my wife to this hotel for a short trip to Boston, she was absolutely disgusted with the room cleanliness: AC Unit was clogged with dirt and rusted, a dirty sock was left by a previous guest I guess right under the bed, filthy tub, and the breakfast lacked basic options, on her last day as she walked out of her room a spider was crawling down the door frame, she showed me pictures and I was embarrassed I had picked this hotel for her, being accustomed to Marriott quality I just chose what was convenient, little did I know. Very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank blastdiaz

Travellers are raving about these Dedham hotels

Tucson Arizona
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,049 helpful votes
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We just stayed for three days at this Fairfield Inn while we were visiting Boston. We arrived after a full day of scenic traveling (from Connecticut) and visiting friends along the way. So, we arrived tired. Checked in and were assigned room 320. We were told that it overlooked the pool, and since we like higher floors, we were delighted. Since we flew in for a two week trip to the New England area, we had lots of luggage. As we were waiting for the elevator (in a very cramped area) the door to the stairs was behind us. There was a glass panel to see out, but a hotel employee did not check and pushed the door open with such force that it whacked my husband on his elbow, which is still bruised. Of course, it was an accident, but such things do not happen when one is careful. We made it to our floor and open entering the room immediately saw that there was no pool, no greenery, no ground in sight through the one window. Room 320 overlooks the roof with all the equipment. We were just too exhausted to go downstairs and point out that the clerk had not been truthful, so we just decided to be good campers and stay. The room was very clean, nicely furnished and we slept well, however, when we are told that a room "overlooks the pool" that is what we expect. The hotel had enough empty rooms, so why give us this room which also had the stair door across from us. The elevator was not close, so people banged the stair door constantly. Another unpleasantness is that the hotel has four entrances all with a few steps. Everytime we came back to our entrance (B) there were people sitting, smoking and drinking and blocking the stairs. They seemed annoyed that they had to move to let us pass, and they definitely did not look like hotel guests. I have no idea who they were, but they were there most of the time. The good location part is that across the street is one of the nicest shopping centers we have ever been to. Lots of wonderful shops and restaurants and the most amazing movie theater. We spent every one of our three evenings there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank NYU62
Belleville, Michigan
Reviewed 5 July 2010

The service was excellent and the staff both helpful and professional. The rooms were clean and it had a microwave and refridgerator for those on a budget or traveling with children.
It is a distance from Boston but you can ride the commuter train into Boston. All and all it
was a pleasant stay. I recommend the hotel if you have time on your hands to sight see.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I used this hotel for a recent trip. I was in town for a major hockey tournament and it was on the list offering a deal for participants.

I read some of the reviews and wondered but having used Fairfield before decided to try it.

Service was great on arrival, I booked online and got a good rate. Room was waiting and was clean, bright and looked like it had just been redone. Bedding Linen was supper comfortable, bed was perfect.

New Flat screen TV's, free internet which was fast, plenty of parking and QUIET!.

Breakfast was include and they had Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, milk, juices, cereals, assorted yogurts, pastries, muffins, bagels and more.

Restaurant attached was Vinny T's and is an area chain, a decent italian restaurant and there is a new mall across the street with everything from Whole Foods, Oakley, Aldo, LL Bean to Lulu Lemon and a MAC Computer Store.

Close to many good restaurants and shops and about 3 blocks from the main exit from I-95 which is handy for quick access but still quiet.

All in all a great value. I don't know why people whine so much, I am a regular business and holiday traveler and for my money I would use them again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2010

Before getting there I called and talked to the general manager (Chantel) and she gave me a rate. I said okay and drove there. Of course she wasn't there when I arrive there. A young lady name cherly was at the front desk. She gave me a completley different rates than the one the manager quote me. Cherly start to scream at me front of other customers that were waiting. I told her call your manager for me. She did and starting telling her manager she doesn't want me here. I got on the phone with her manager and the manager first word was "I don't think this is the right hotel for you". I couldn't believe it. The manager hangs up the phone on my face. At this time I was speechless. I continue to check in with the higher rate. After everything was completley and I told cherly that the service was horrible and I will call the corporate. She says I will kick you out if you say one more word. I told her I am paying my money to stay here. And I walk away to go to the room. After being in the room for 10 mins, the police was knock the room. I was kick out with my 10 months old baby and my husband. She kicks us out because I told her I will call the corporate. This was the worst service I have ever received and I will call the attorney office tommorrow and better business beauteous. Don't ever go there.

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank Shamso
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton Boston Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
#1 of 4 in Dedham
Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA
Residence Inn Boston Needham

Been to Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!