“Great value for casual stay”

Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great value for casual stay”
Reviewed 30 December 2010

We were looking for something simple and clean for the night. This hotel was perfect for our purpose. It was nothing glamorous, but very clean and simple. The free breakfast was VERY good as well. We would certainly stay here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Lovetotravel3460745

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Queens, New York
Reviewed 27 October 2010

This hotel is located within walking distance to a mall , movie theatre and lots of restaurants. You will never feel bored there.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosie11355
East Coast USA
Reviewed 17 October 2010

This was my second stay at this hotel and I can sum it up by saying that all in all it is a fine place to stay but it has some slight issues. During this stay, I booked two rooms as there were four of us. The overall place is very clean and the rooms are fine (in no way luxurious). Rooms have nice TV's and fridges but my room had a strange smell, and the second room I booked had a strong perfume like smell. The bathroom sink in my room didn't drain but was corrected by maintainence in swift order. My biggest 'complaints' are that my room had a really weird noise that was hard to identify. It was intermittant...like a vent system gone awry....but it was somewhat loud and strange. The other 'complaints' would be about the smell in the two rooms and I was sorry that the restaurant adjacent to the hotel was closed for good (I had enjoyed it on my last visit). The layout of the rooms is confusing, as noted in other reviews. It's definitely true that if you are sensitive to tempurature, don't sleep on the side of the bed closest to the heat/cold vent! Breakfast was fine. On the posititve side, the bed was really comfortable and aside from the very occasional door shutting in the hallway, it was very quiet. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if someone is not expecting a luxury Marriott.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank klsummer09
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Sometimes it is the accumulation of little things that can change a good stay to a less than favorable experience. Overall I'll certainly look in to the other hotels nearby first, before staying again - would only do so if the surrounding hotels are booked. The hotel is in a good location right off of 128/95S, is across from a new mall, but the property is a little tatty. Exterior key locks to enter the building failed to work, and door handles on interior doors were broken. The mini-fridge in my room did not work when I specifically requested a room with a fridge. The rooms were very clean - no issues there - however the walls are thin so if you are a light sleeper be sure your room is not near the pool or busier spots of the parking lots. My main gripe is with one of the desk staff -- there was one young woman who was quite abrupt and rude to me on the phone. I had called to inform the hotel that my arrival date would be changing, and to double-check that my specific room request would still be honored. She snapped back that there was no guarantee I'd be given the room, and that they aren't going to kick the person who is in it now out to accommodate me. HELLO! Uncalled for and rude! When I did check in she did not put in the system that I changed my arrival - perhaps spiteful, too -- and I had explain that I had called, etc. It was a pain. I'd only recommend staying here as a last choice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Allen, tx
Reviewed 16 August 2010

If I had to use one word to describe this hotel stay "pathetic" would fall short. I'm a Long member of Marriott's rewards program and well accustomed to quality and always a clean room, I booked my wife to this hotel for a short trip to Boston, she was absolutely disgusted with the room cleanliness: AC Unit was clogged with dirt and rusted, a dirty sock was left by a previous guest I guess right under the bed, filthy tub, and the breakfast lacked basic options, on her last day as she walked out of her room a spider was crawling down the door frame, she showed me pictures and I was embarrassed I had picked this hotel for her, being accustomed to Marriott quality I just chose what was convenient, little did I know. Very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank blastdiaz
Tucson Arizona
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,290 helpful votes
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We just stayed for three days at this Fairfield Inn while we were visiting Boston. We arrived after a full day of scenic traveling (from Connecticut) and visiting friends along the way. So, we arrived tired. Checked in and were assigned room 320. We were told that it overlooked the pool, and since we like higher floors, we were delighted. Since we flew in for a two week trip to the New England area, we had lots of luggage. As we were waiting for the elevator (in a very cramped area) the door to the stairs was behind us. There was a glass panel to see out, but a hotel employee did not check and pushed the door open with such force that it whacked my husband on his elbow, which is still bruised. Of course, it was an accident, but such things do not happen when one is careful. We made it to our floor and open entering the room immediately saw that there was no pool, no greenery, no ground in sight through the one window. Room 320 overlooks the roof with all the equipment. We were just too exhausted to go downstairs and point out that the clerk had not been truthful, so we just decided to be good campers and stay. The room was very clean, nicely furnished and we slept well, however, when we are told that a room "overlooks the pool" that is what we expect. The hotel had enough empty rooms, so why give us this room which also had the stair door across from us. The elevator was not close, so people banged the stair door constantly. Another unpleasantness is that the hotel has four entrances all with a few steps. Everytime we came back to our entrance (B) there were people sitting, smoking and drinking and blocking the stairs. They seemed annoyed that they had to move to let us pass, and they definitely did not look like hotel guests. I have no idea who they were, but they were there most of the time. The good location part is that across the street is one of the nicest shopping centers we have ever been to. Lots of wonderful shops and restaurants and the most amazing movie theater. We spent every one of our three evenings there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank NYU62
Belleville, Michigan
Reviewed 5 July 2010

The service was excellent and the staff both helpful and professional. The rooms were clean and it had a microwave and refridgerator for those on a budget or traveling with children.
It is a distance from Boston but you can ride the commuter train into Boston. All and all it
was a pleasant stay. I recommend the hotel if you have time on your hands to sight see.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton Boston Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
#1 of 4 in Dedham
Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton

Been to Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!