“Beautiful space and friendly staff.”

Hilton Boston Dedham
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Mike at the front desk was especially charming helping us to feel right at home. The hotel was well appointed and clean. The lobby with fireplace was a cozy spot and the bar area was open and lively. One issue was the temperature was very cold in corridors and lobby.
The stay was great with one exception and that was noise. We were able to hear clearly any conversation or any"thing" happening in the rooms on either side and the hallway. I do not understand why a hotel this nice is so poorly insulated for sound. It was definitely an issue! I did not feel comfortable as a result.
The beds were comfortable and everything was clean.

• Stayed: November 2013
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We have many improvements planned in the next serveral months so you'll have to come back and visit. I will be sure to pass on your comments directly to Mike. Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Heat kept dropping to 62 and maintenance didn't know how to fix it. I finally figured out how to reprogram the thermostat myself. Also there is a window that wasn't closing all the way and the night time low temp was below freezing outside. At least maintenance fixed that. Then there was 0 sound proofing and I could hear every tiny noise my neighbor made ... And when they got up at 5am today I could see light from their room at my ceiling... After all that my perfect stay was topped off with no hot water for the shower and cold dry food on the $18 breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: November 2013
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

First, let me apologize for the problems you encountered during your recent visit to our hotel. Our goal is to ensure each guest has a comfortable and relaxing stay. I was very unhappy to learn that this did not happen for you. Please feel free to contact me direclty, I would like to further discuss your comments.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

It was our wedding shower weekend and the ladies at the front desk sent champagne and strawberries to our room. They also gave us free breakfast which was great. The hotel was very close to all sorts of shopping and restaurants in the area..., they truly know how to make there guest feel special. Beautiful hotel!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Good Afternoon,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your comments. I was happy to learn that our staff took the moment to create a great expericence for you and your party. Thank you again and we hope you come back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I traveled alone for a social group gathering. The hotel was welcoming and well appointed. The room was comfortable and clean; the staff was polite and efficient. The pool was warm, the jacuzzi was hot. I enjoyed my weekend stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Greetings from the Hilton Boston-Dedham,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments will be shared with the team.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Hilton Boston-Dedham is conveniently located off route 95, with easy access to commuter rail, dining and shopping. The hotel staff is very helpful and quick to accommodate if at all possible. I dined in the hotel restaurant and had a wonderful meal, far better than I would expect for hotel fare. The rooms are comfortable and well-appointed. I look forward to visiting again in the near future.

Room Tip: Higher is better as it is quieter and ask for a room away from the vending machines and elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Good Afternoon,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent review of our hotel. You comments will be shared with the entire staff. We have many new improvements planned for the hotel in the next several months you'll have to come back for another stay. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Great location and attentive staff. However my room was not as clean as I would expect from a Hilton. the living area was very nice and clean but the bathroom needed some attention. The mirror was filthy with streaks as visible as a skunk in a snow storm.

Mike,

First, let me apologize for the problems you encountered in your room regarding a lack of housekeeping. I can assure you that your comments will be shared with the housekeeping team and proper step of correction will be made. Our goal is to ensure a comfortable and relaxing stay for all of our guests, I was unhappy to learn that this did not happen for you. It is through comments like yours that we may evaluate our strengths and weaknesses and make improvements where necessary. Again, on behalf of the entire staff here please accept our most sincere apologies.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We had a king room with sofa and enjoyed the big room. Loved the private view out the back, overlooking the colorful fall woods. We were on floor 2, which is actually the main floor with drop-off, reception desk, and meeting rooms The staff was very accommodating when we checked to see if we could check in early. They told us the options available and we opted to wait another hour for a room on the main floor. Bed was very comfortable with nice linens. Nice selection of toiletries. Real hair dryer - not attached to the wall like in budget places. Very nice coffee maker in the room. Refrigerator is hidden in the cabinet under the big flat screen TV. Age of the hotel is only noticeable when looking for outlets to charge up electronics - only the desk lamp has a charger in the base. If your going to be doing a lot of work in the room you should bring your own high watt bulb (or ask the desk for one?). Like many hotels they go for mood lighting. Our only complaint was the VERY slippery tub with sloped bottom (what's with that?). With no grab bars it was a challenge to get in and out safely. Since we were with 160 friends at a weekend gathering we didn't sample the bar or breakfast area, but both looked very nice. The convention rooms we used were well laid out and convenient to each other. Nice spot!

Room Tip: Floor 2 is the main level, if you want to be there (we did). Back rooms faced the woods, rather tha...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Silkysmom,

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent visit. Your comments are very much appreciated and will be shared with the staff. I will also address your comments regarding the bathroom with both housekeeping and engineering. Again, thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Dedham/Westwood
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA

Been to Hilton Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!