“Weak WiFi, odd repair hours, delicious buffet.”

Hilton Boston Dedham
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Weak WiFi, odd repair hours, delicious buffet.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Not to mention a bit on the pricey since breakfast buffet is not included in the price. All in all a poor value proposition for the money being levied. But, to be fair, when I gave them my feedback they were VERY responsive and didn't brush aside any of my comments, which in this industry is not common at all.

Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Good Afternoon,

We have received your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We appriciate you taking the time to write and please know we take the feedback very seriously. I was pleased to learn the team did respond in a "very responsive" manor to your comments.

It is through comments like yours that we may evaluate our strengths and weaknesses and make improvements where necessary. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Boston Dedham and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Traveling alone, I am always aware of my surroundings. I felt safe here on a non-ground level floor. Bed supremely comfy; in-room coffee was good and plentiful; shower nice and hot; and I liked the soap, shampoo, and body lotion very much.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Good Afternoon,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for feedback regarding your recent visit. We're glad we exceeded your expectations and are please to read you would stay with us again. We will be sure to share your comments with the team!

Again, thanks for taking the time to write and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.
Lawrenceville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel allows to harass their gold members by allowing smoking inside but claiming that the hotel is a non-smoking facility. They totally disregarded three complaints made over the phone to the front desk.

Good Afternoon Katya,

We have received your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was very unhappy to learn we did not meet your expectations. I understand that our Assistant Front Office Manager contacted you and has offered her apologies and compensation.

Please accept our most sincere apologies and we hope you will visit us again.
Stratford, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Pros: You most likely won't find any problems with the rooms themselves, they're clean, decent amount of room.Totally comfortable. And even if you find it "just ok", according to the flyer on the desk, within the next year all the rooms are being renovated, new furniture...etc. They're good as it is, they'll look even better throughout the year!
Our welcoming staff was very friendly and helpful.

Cons: This was not a real problem for us, but something undesirable: while looking for ice, we spanned 3 floors. One, the ice machine was removed, the second, the machine was off and not working and finally we found a working machine on the 1 st floor. During our walking around of the building, a rear, right stairway between floors was oddly full of mostly dead flies. They were everywhere, a few clinging to the railings, but most dead on the ground and stairs. Something was up, but we didn't investigate. None of the other stairways had them. Anyways, that wasn't what really bothered us...

The Real Problem:
On our last morning (2 day stay) we decided to sleep in and order room service breakfast, as we never had before. That morning around the time we were expecting breakfast to arrive, we were still in bed and heard talking directly outside our door and some noise. My girlfriend got up to open the door and start our day off from slumber to scrambled eggs, it was kind of exciting for us. We're dorks. Only when she opened the door, it wasn't our breakfast, it was maintenance folks of some sort, with a key in their hand who had been trying to open our door with it! I think they mentioned something about curtains. I think they also said they had our room number written down as a room they had to go into. Regardless of if there was a mistake on room number on either end, 1) We had a Do Not Disturb sign on the handle, which should have served as some kind of hint that people may be inside. 2) No knock! Not once! I feel like it's standard practice in a hotel to always knock on a door before you open it, especially around 10am.
The thought of if that key may have had the ability to open our door and it did and we were walked in on while we were still in bed...oh man. That's a terrible feeling.
I understand that mistakes happen and I'm sure that it's not common practice, obviously, but it was enough to turn us away.

And in case you were wondering, the breakfast was good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Good Afternoon Taclyo,

We have received your comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel. First, I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered. I can assure you that we will follow-up with those involved and corrective action will be taken. Our primary goal is to ensure each guest has a comfortable and relaxing stay. We were very unhappy to learn that this did not happen for you.

Thank you for your comments regarding the rooms, we're working very hard to improve the product, service and condition of the hotel each and every day. The next time you visit I would like to buy you breakfast.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Travellers are raving about these Dedham hotels

Montclair, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel needs refurbishment and the attention of a design staff that it currently does not have. It feels like a trip to the 1970's without any of the playfulness that time travel themes might entail. The place feels tired and old and in need of a lot more than Hilton will be willing to give it. Until then, the prices should be cut down substantially. I will not be returning.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Good Afternoon Edward,

We have recieved your commetns regarding your recent visit to our property. I am pleased to inform you that we have already begun a room and public space renovation upgrade. It all started with new bedding in December 2013 and will continue until completed sometime during the second quarter of 2014. Some of the other enhancements that are being made in the guest rooms are new bathroom vinyl, new drapery, new desk chairs and a complete change in the lighting package.

We appreciate your comments and please understand we hear your concerns. It is through comments like yours that we may evaluate our strenghts and weaknesses and make improvements where necessary.

Again, we thank you for your feedback.
ma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The eggs, bacon, sausages, and pancakes were so awful that I could not eat them...a total waste of money. I was actually sick all the way home (2 hours) from something that I did eat at breakfast. I will be writing a note to the hotel to get my money back for the buffet!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Good Morning,

We have received your comments regarding your recent visit. Your comments have been given to our Executive Chef for follow-up. We are committed to providing a comfortable and enjoyable for all of our guests. I was unhappy to learn that this did not happen for you.

We have rebated the cost of your breakfast as you requested. Again, we apologize and hope your feeling better.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Was in Canton on a business trip and this hotel was booked for me. The main parts of the hotel including the lobby and bar area are extremely nice and well kept. The room decor definitely needed to be re-done, felt very 80s but that didn't deter from the cleanliness and the friendless from the staff.
I certainly slept well for the week I was here.
Used the shuttle service a few times to head over to legacy place which had some great restaurants. The service was quick and really quick to organise. Wouldn't recommend the hotel to be used as part of a holiday but for a couple of nights or for business trips I'd recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014
Mark M, Manager at Hilton Boston Dedham, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Good Morning,

We have received your review regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We were happy to learn you "slept well", we added new bedding to all of our guest rooms last December. We have also begun rooms upgrading which includes new carpeting, desk chairs, bathroom vinyl, drapery and a new lighting package.

We will pass on your comments to the entire staff. Thank you for taking the time to write and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA
Sheraton Needham Hotel
Sheraton Needham Hotel
#2 of 2 in Needham

Been to Hilton Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!