“nice stay and save money”

Residence Inn Boston Dedham
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dedham
East Fishkill, New York
“nice stay and save money”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I traveled to Boston with my family. It costed less and provided good stays for 3 nights.
- it has kitchen in room so I can warm milk and cook foods for my 1-year-old son
- it has nice free breakfirst
- it has awesome big pool indoors and jacuzzi near the pool
- friendly stuff

It does not provide crib or play&pack. I was a little disappointed. but I would still give 5 rating for a pleasant experience in Boston.

Room Tip: book earlier.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for the nice comments and for staying with us! We always like to hear when our guests enjoy their stay so much. I'm sorry there was not a Pack & Play available on your recent visit, usually it is not a problem! Please give us a call in advance and we will reserve one for you. I hope you will be visiting the area again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I booked rooms here for my 17 year old son and brother for my wedding in Oct 2013. These rooms are great with a separate bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. It's walking distance to Legacy Place - an awesome outdoor mall with great restaurants and shopping. I spent the night before my wedding in the room with my son and the bed was comfortable.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Great to hear you enjoyed our hotel and location. We agree, a lot of things to do right across the street at Legacy Place, and easy walk to the commuter rail to Boston. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!
Kfar Saba, Israel
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The hotel is located next to the highway and features a lot of activities for its guests: Basketball court, Gym (a room with a TV and some cardio machines), an indoor pool, free dinner for all the guests during the weekdays, a totally OK breakfast, free coffee and cookies all out the day and a friendly staff. The hotel is located next to a large shopping area and with easy access to the highway. The rooms are like small apartments with a living room and bedroom, kitchen with fridge and even dish washing machine and bathroom with bathtub.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RobertoBlum
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for the review. We are happy you found many conveniences at our hotel and the surrounding area! Guests have easy access to Boston by car or Commuter Rail which is within walking distance. Legacy Place is located across the street with many shopping, restaurant and entertainment options. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area.
ny
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My family and I just stayed here for two nights and enjoyed the stay. We were in the area to check my daughter into her college for the fall semester. The hotel was clean, remodeled and quiet. Our room was a one bedroom suite with a queen bed, sofabed in the living area. The room was great. The lobby was modern and comfortable. One night we enjoyed a light meal. The breakfast on both mornings was decent - scrambled eggs, potatoes, waffle machine and other basics like cereal and yogurt, pastries, breads, etc. Hotel had indoor pool, small exercise room, and gave out complimentary coffee, tea, hot cocoa. The hotel also had complimentary cookies and some fruit. The hotel is located across the street from Legacy Place - a large outdoor mall with some restaurants and a large movie theater. You could catch the local rail to Boston from here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank steady
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for staying with us. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to learn you enjoyed your stay and visit to the area! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip out to visit your daughter at college!
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently in order to visit family and friends in the Boston area. This place met all of my needs. The rooms are spacious with a full kitchen/living area with a separate bedroom. If you don't want to eat in there is a restaurant/movie/shopping area within walking distance as well as a Whole Foods supermarket. Public transportation to Boston by rail is minutes away. Great value at a fraction of what you would pay to stay in the city. Breakfast buffet is included. It is small but has just enough items to keep everyone happy.

• Stayed August 2013
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thanks for staying with us and for the great review! We agree we are in a great location when visiting the Boston area. Only 20 minutes to South Station on the commuter rail that is within walking distance from the hotel. All of our guests love Legacy Place across the street too. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Well... usually a Residence Inn has been a consistent reliable choice for me and my family when traveling. With this stay, however, it was not. The hotel, for some reason or another as some have mentioned smelled old and dated. Concerning the room, the inside storm window was broken, the iron was stained with black gunk that it was unusable, the bathroom sink was clogged and backed up fast, the main room TV was too dim (menu function was inoperable to change the setting), and dust lined the edges of the room. Too many issues to call the front desk and too minor to warrant changing rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HK87
DedhamDOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boston Dedham, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay! It is always greatly appreciated if concerns are brought to our attention so they can be corrected and we can make sure you are happy with your stay. We will address these issues and hope you will consider staying with us again when visiting the Dedham area.
Herndon, VA
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My family and I stayed here for two nights in June. We wanted a place not too far from Boston and Newton. But even waiting until 9 am on a weekday to drive to the New England Aquarium took around an hour and 15 minutes, so that was a lot longer than expected. The room looked very clean when we walked in, but we notice occasional large ants on the carpet. My children enjoyed the microwave popcorn pack the first night, but were not too happy when it was not restocked. Breakfast was okay, but some of the warm food was not complete warm, even around 8 am.

The worst thing about the hotel is the poor WiFi internet service. We had a third floor suite at the end of the hall and no one in the family could keep a steady connection and many cases get an internet connection. We were here for vacation, but not sure a business traveler would stand for it. Internet access from the breakfast area did not fare much better. It seems I had a better connection to the Fairfield Inn internet access from here. Because of this issue alone I would not stay here for business or pleasure.

I think the best thing about this hotel is it's proximity to Legacy Place, where there is shopping, restuarants, and a movie theater, and I-95 South.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TerpVirginia
Thank you for staying with us on your June trip. We are sorry to hear you were not totally satisfied with your stay! I hope you brought your concerns to the Front Desk staff so the problems could be rectified. It is important for us to exceed the expectations of our guests and provide a comfortable stay for our leisure and business travelers. We appreciate your feedback and will address your concerns with the appropriate departments. I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
#1 of 4 in Dedham
Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA

Been to Residence Inn Boston Dedham? Share your experiences!