“Breakfast”

Delmar, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Homemade muffins (best on the Cape!) and cookies! Large table to sit and chat with others, breakfast sandwiches offered, and wonderful sandwiches to take with you for the beach later!

Brewster, Massachusetts
“Quality is variable”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

So disappointed in the Thanksgiving Pies I ordered. Had one of their Blueberry Pies last summer and THAT one was excellent, fresh berries, not too sweet, flaky crust. So I ordered some pies for Thanksgiving, UGH! The filling was too sweet, gluey, just a blue paste, no berries, obviously canned filling! And they have the termerity to charge $17 for a canned filling pie???
No thanks, Merc, no thanks.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank jennifer2153
Dennis, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Food”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have purchased a variety of salads and sandwiches at the Mercantile through the years and had them cater a small party this summer. They delivered. Salads, small sandwiches and pastries were beautifully prepares and delicious.

“Bent Over Backwards”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stopped by this cute little sammy shop to grab some grub. We thought there was something to appease even the pickiest eater in our group, my 6 YO son. Once he realized we were eating sandwiches, and not chicken fingers, he started to melt down. The owner's father, working the counter quickly became my hero! He joked with my son and worked with him to find something a little off menu that made him happy. My youngest eater, my 4YO daughter took one bite of her Tuna Salad and proclaimed it the "Best. Sandwich. Ever." I had to agree with that statement on my BLT.

I've made it my mission to try BLTs (my personal favorite) in every city we travel to. I have to say, this simple sandwich can be perfect, and it can be terrible. The Mercantile has truly mastered the perfect BLT! If I could have but one foodie wish, it would be to take this shop home with me to make these sammys mine, ALL MINE!

This place has garnered a warm spot in my heart as well as my tummy! The staff was extremely pleasant and charming. The service was unmatched. The food was delicious, fresh and wonderful! The location quaint and the decor - interesting. Well done, and from me and my son: Thank You.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Cappyaldu
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Breakfast on the way to corporation beach”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Great coffee, muffins and breakfast sandwich. Comfortable seating upstairs with local art displayed on the walls for pleasurable viewing.