“First time was a charm”
Review of Scargo Cafe

Scargo Cafe
Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in Dennis
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A traditional, Tavern and Restaurant with wood paneled walls, open fireplaces and an outdoor covered deck for al Fresco dining during summer. The fare includes guest favorites such as roasted rack of New Zealand lamb, and seafood strudel (a seafood blend baked in pastry) with Newburg sauce. Lots of fresh local seafood and oysters. Many more seafood entrees, sandwiches, burgers, steaks, chicken, pasta selections, and their truly famous version of Grapenut Custard.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Went to the as cargo Cafe with friends who had been there before. We were quoted pleased with the food and service. The fish dishes ..Salmon and Haddock, were exceptional. Nothing not to like and we will be back.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had dinner here last week with my fiance. The food is great and the service was amazing. The edamame hummus was delicious, and they have a HUGE wine list. I will deff be returning the Scargo soon to try out more of their menu

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I would give this a "Good" rating, but Trip Advisor doesn't allow that so that's the reason for "average".
I've been there 3 times and they serve standard fare for a reasonable price. The bar area is he better choice for me because it is roomier and more open. The dining rooms tend to be smaller rooms and a bit noisy. Nothing wrong with the place, but nothing great either.+-

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Scargo Café in Dennis Center is lovely ambiance and good food. The owners offer all types of incentives which are really very good value. Only issue is parking anywhere from 5:30 to 7:30 PM because restaurant is very very busy. That is because not only seasonal vacationers covet the place but it is popular with locals too.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This restaurant has been a local and tourist favorite for years. It can be a long wait if you don't hit it off hours a bit. For my latest foray, we went early, a little after 5 PM, as we hadn't eaten lunch. I chose one of my standby favorites - chicken and vegetable stir fry. It always comes with a massive amount of veggies, which I like. On their menu, they designate Gluten-Free or Adaptable, meaning they can make it gluten-free. My dish was adaptable; so I asked for it that way. The waitress further inquired if it were an allergy or just a preference - in my case the latter. She then brought us a loaf of warm bread and butter. Both my dish and the other - lank crusted scallops - were very good. If you are on their mailing list, they send you promotions. I had a $10 off coupon and used that; so the price was extremely reasonable. As the summer thatre venue is right across the street, it is a good pre-show eatery.