“My daughter and I have been Sunday morning "regulars" for a few years now, and we love it! Service is tops...”

Grumpy's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Dennis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 15 February 2008

My daughter and I have been Sunday morning "regulars" for a few years now, and we love it! Service is tops, great personalities, and the food's great. What else can it mean when people stand outside and wait for upwards of an hour (regardless of inclemencies of weather!) to have breakfast?

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great place for breakfest, get there early cause after 8-8:30 the line begine to stretch the length of the building-NO...”
Reviewed 10 December 2007

Great place for breakfest, get there early cause after 8-8:30 the line begine to stretch the length of the building-NO LIE-

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
East Harwich, MA
“Great, great food!!”
Reviewed 27 November 2006

We are now 'locals' on the Cape but once we found this restaurant, we could not recommend it more. We are now bringing our visiting friends to enjoy what we have found is a very comfortable and well-oiled restaurant machine -- with wonderful food too. The service is quite responsive and considering the busy environment most times, we have found that all the staff has gone way overboard to serve those at our table and around us. Grumpy's is above average in our estimation and the only reason it isn't excellent would be that it isn't open more hours. We think we are very lucky to have such a fun place to visit with such great home cooking. We've been there many times and it is always good. Try their muffins...believe me, you won't be disappointed. My favorite item for breakfast (or any time) is their cornmeal pancakes. MMMmm good!

East Harwich, MA residents

New York City
“Grumpy's made me grumpy!”
Reviewed 14 August 2006

We had heard good things about this place in a Fodor's guide. It was touted as a breakfast joint for locals (I think they close at 2 pm, they only serve lunch and breakfast). Indeed, it was busy. The parking lot was nearly full and so were the tables inside. Luckily, we had a late breakfast and didn’t have to wait for a table. The place is simple and not fancy, but you don’t need that in a good breakfast joint. They’ve expanded the restaurant from its original building, but you can still see the old breakfast counters when you walk in. We were seated near the window at a four person table, which was fine. And at one point, a waiter came by and whisked away our two extra chairs for another table. Not a problem, except that during the meal, various waiters kept replacing then again taking the extra chairs from our table—it was like a round of hot potato. This happened at least half a dozen times, and it was very distracting and annoying. I understand if they need the extra chairs for another table, but just take them and don’t take them then bring them back again and again. The food was standard, nothing fancy. We went out of our way to go to Grumpy’s and won’t again. I had the Eggs Benedict, with was slathered in copious amounts of Hollandaise sauce and came with a very greasy hash brown patty (like you get at McDonald’s, only greasier). My fiancé had a waffle and a side of linguica, which was ordinary. We had to ask for refills on coffee, and we sat for ages with dirty empty plates in front of us. Finally the waitress took my plate when she picked up the bill, but she left my fiancé’s plate on the table and never picked it up. Overall, the food was ordinary and the service was poor and annoying. My trip to Grumpy’s made me grumpy! If you’re looking for a great breakfast, Perry’s on Main Street in Hyannis is well worth the trip and so much better than Grumpy’s.

1 Thank zelphie