“Take a chance!”

The Garlands
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
“Take a chance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

There are a lot of negative reviews about The Garlands, so I was very hesitant my entire way here. Boy am I glad we picked this one! My father and I booked a 2 bedroom ocean view, and it is gorgeous! Very neat and tidy, equipped kitchen with a coffee pot, blender, stove, microwave, and mini fridge. Our view is incredible and I'm laying on the couch listening to the waves as I write this. The private beach becomes a bit smaller during high tide, but there's a public beach just a few minutes either way for a larger sandier one. Maybe we lucked out, or maybe they've been updated, but give this place a shot!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank beachqueen8158

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed at The Garlands for a ladies weekend June 21-23rd. Three of us stayed in a ocean front 1 br. It was clean and beds were comfy. We had a problem the first night with the shower getting stuck on. We needed to leave for dinner reservations so we called one of 3 emergency contact numbers. When we returned the shower was off and it didn't happen again that weekend. The ocean front deck is shabby and needs paint. The slider was very hard to open and shut and slider was off track and unusable. We stayed here for the great rate and amazing location. I would stay again. Just know what to expect ahead of time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
SCOTLAND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a lovely location for a beach vacation and the accommodation I had was spotless. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything you could want and it is an a great location for exploring the rest of the Cape. Considering it could sleep at least 4 people, it was extremely compact. Fortunately I was on my own! On the downside however, the apartment was NOT what I had been promised in the confirmation letter. I was supposed to receive an ocean view apartment on 2 levels, they even asked if I could manage stairs and to let them know if it was a problem. What I did receive was a very small apartment on the ground floor right at the entrance to the hotel that overlooked the office....Very Disappointing.....Please make sure you know exactly what room you are going to be given as this could be the difference between having an amazing vacation and a very average one. I would stay again BUT only if the room was looking over the ocean as promised.

Room Tip: You must confirm verbally as well as in writing that you have one of the rooms that looks directly o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SIMON D
chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and felt it was a great deal for the location and the price. Couldn't beat the view of the ocean from the front window. The unit we were in had a serious musty oder that we could not get rid of but contributed it to being right on the ocean. I wished the owners had taken more care with their updating and painting. It looks like a rush job. Otherwise I would call it cute and definitely 'cottagey'.

• Stayed June 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've stayed in this place in past for it's great location - so as far as location I knew it's the best. Now this place have being completely renovated and it is just fabulous. We were very late arriving on a rainy day and found office closed - BUT with 3 phone# to call - tried all 3 to get a voice mail - but within 5 minutes all 3 called back advising me on how to find the keys, connect to wifi etc. We've stayed in 2 bedroom unit - big enough for 4 people - full kitchen, with all the cookware and dinnerware. Can't beat the view from this place - it is right ON the ocean! Just not enough space to fit all positives and I know I'm shooting myself in the foot with this review - since now I will probably need to reserve a year in advance ;-) It's definitely one of the best on Cape Cod.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank PeterB_NYC
Greenfield Center, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel is very quaint but perfect for our get a way weekend. We wanted a room right on the ocean and were able to get a 2nd story efficiency with a balcony on the ocean. At night we left the balcony slider open and fell asleep listening to the waves. When I made the reservations, due to a recent bike accident I needed the bathroom to have a tub, not just a shower stall. The woman, Peggy went out of her way to help us with the accommodations. The actual living space is very small, even though we booked a 2 bedroom, but was sufficient for us. I imagine in the summer is isn't very quiet or private, but in the fall it was great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
upstate NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

This was my fifth year renting the two bedroom condo overlooking the water. The views are spectacular........nothing like watching the sunrise or sunset over the open ocean. Clean rooms and great maid service. Excellent central location. No pool but I don't go to Cape Cod to swim in a pool!!! I'm already booked for next year.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great and they are all a bargain.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
#12 of 19 in Dennis Port
The Club at Cape Cod
The Club at Cape Cod
#5 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to The Garlands? Share your experiences!