The website shows a nicely refurbished room. Not what you get when you check in. My fault I should have asked to see the room first. But I went by the hype on their home page. Firstly, no microwave, no refrigerator. The place was newly painted by I think by a blind person. Everything was painted including the windows. A/C strained to keep the room cool. The TV sound only went up 4 bars, so we had to decide which one was more important the a/c or the t.v. When the a/c was on you could not hear the tv at all.
When I took a shower the drain cover was not screwed on and my soap disappeared down the drain while the drain cover stuck to my foot. There was no extra toilet paper provided and no phone in the room.
The pool was dirty, filthy. You took your health in your hands if you swam in that filthy water.
All in all a terrible disappointment. They should be reported for false advertising, to the health department for that pool . I have never seen a room so bad in my life. I will never return there and wanted to warn others of what we encountered. It was also severly overpriced for what was provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family friendly motel in the heart of Cape Cod. We are in the center of everything and only 1 mile to the beach. Free WIFI, indoor pool, B.B.Q grilling areas with picnic tables, shuffle board, horseshoes, swing set and a whole lot more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jonathan Edwards Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jonathan Edwards Hotel Dennis Port
- Jonathan Edwards Motel Cape Cod, MA - Dennis Port