“whattadump!!”

Jonathan Edwards Motel
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Reviewed 31 May 2014

we had gotten this name from another service, which gave it three stars. first, no place to hang clothes. no heat. no blanket (both brought when asked). room very small, bathroom quite tiny. a no smoking room smelld of smoke, especially in the bathroom. guests drinking and noisy outside from 1am to 2:30 am, no one in office to quell noise. no telephone in room. other than that, it is a crappy place.

Room Tip: go across the street to holiday house inn
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank yodamak
micsboxster, Manager at Jonathan Edwards Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

All guest rooms are standard size the same as all other motels in the cape. The guest paid 29 dollars for the night. 29 dollars you cant find a room in america for that price. Yes it is true we dont have heat but it was in May and we do provide blankets we are only open 4 months a year in the summer time. The amount of complaints for someone who paid 29 dollars is absurd. This particular customer probably wanted us to pay them to stay with us. We do not have phones in the room as no has used them in years. This part is true. The footprint of this property is so small that the furthest possible point you can be from the main front desk is 30 feet. However most people just use their cell phone and call us. It is a family oriented place where friends and family sit outside or around the pool on a nice summer night while they are on vacation and talk with their friends this would explain the outside noise. However there was so much noise of guests talking to each other on the pool deck that this customer needed heat in the room????

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We travelled from Nova Scotia to Cape Cod to purchase a boat. We were tired of paying for overpriced hotels. Found this hotel on trip advisory, it was inexspensive and non smoking. We stayed there while purchasing our boat for 3 days. Christinia was the most friendly down to earth person we have come across on our travels. She alone is the reason we would go back. Yes the rooms are outdated and could use sprucing up but who needs phones, tv etc when your in the cape during summer. The beds were clean and comfy. I slept like a baby. The pool was clean and refreshing and Chris flew the Canadian flag the whole time we stayed. If your used to the Hilton, this is not the place for you. But if you need a place to relax while enjoying the Cape at a reasonable rate, this place is awesome and so is Christina.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Tammy A
Reviewed 21 October 2013

stayed here oct17/18.you get what you pay for.hotel was OK for the money,what do you expect for $69.00 for two nights.not much room in room and only one light worked.won't give it a bad rating but won't go back either.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank 1227traveler
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The motel and decor are 1950's. No phones or clock. This is part of what makes it the perfect place to stay and relax. The rooms are clean and if you need anything, all you have to do is ask Christina. She's down to earth and has a wonderful personality which makes staying there a pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank fred v
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed for two days in august. The front desk women was fake, she was rude and snarly. The rooms were outdated and smelly and not worth the money. The rooms were clean by chambermaid Joyce, she was extremmly pleasant and kind. Then one day we came back and our room wasnt made and was told that Joyce had the day off and instead had some girl who was gross smelling and didnt know how to clean a room and had no people skills i believe her name was nakita.Joyce was the highlight of our stay, tip for the owner fire the front desk witch and hire someone with people skills and fire the other housekeeper

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank missnewyork20
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at the Jonathan Edwards Motel several times for various reasons. My most recent stay was because I needed too heal from several health issues. I found Christina, the manager too be not only kind, funny, warm and welcoming, but also a fantastic host and business woman. The cleaning and maintenance staff was also remarkable. I felt like I was home. I was able too sleep, laugh and get the much needed rest too fight what was happening in my body. It worked! I did end up in the hospital but my biopsy was benign and I credit the hospitality of the folks at the JEM. I will always stay there when I need too breath and it is such a relief too not always have too drive too NH too center myself. ...not that I do not love NH...but when you physically can not drive more than an hour without a nap it is nice too have a place here on Cape Cod that I can run too. THANK YOU too Christina, Diane and all the other folks I met while there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We did a spur of the moment trip down to the Cape. When we got there we drove around a while and inquired on available rooms at various places. We came upon the JEM and the price was perfect. The rooms could use sprucing up with some beachy decos but they are comfortable and if anything is amiss, you forgot something or need tourist info then Christina is a GEM with super Cape Cod charm. Love her! The welcome, comfortable beds and bleach smelling sheets made us stay 2 extra nights. And as for the atmosphere ... the post about sitting outside your room made me laugh. My husband talked music with our neighbour and we now have a new friend in Albany.

For my rating the restaurant gets full excellent as right across the street next to Benny's is the Rise n Shine Cafe. It was the best breakfast I have had in the Cape in the years I've visited. Fitness centre gets 0 because I'm there for the beach ... and West Dennis is so close!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
#13 of 19 in Dennis Port
Tidewater Inn
Tidewater Inn
#13 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Jonathan Edwards Motel? Share your experiences!