“Cristina, the hostess with the mostest!”

Jonathan Edwards Motel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
“Cristina, the hostess with the mostest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here July 16-19. Cristina is the #1 reason we would come back to this motel. She is the best hotel manager we've ever had. My family and I have the best memories of this motel --it's not because it's a four-star hotel, but it felt like you were staying with family. What you see with Cristina is what you get. There's nothing artificial about her. She calls them as she sees them. She was friendly, warm, made the best morning coffee, gave my kids popsicles and hot chocolate, and made sure we had everything we needed --all with a great sense of humor. Besides that, the beds were super comfortable and the sheets and towels were clean. The pool was an added bonus.

2 Thank Jennifer L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brossard, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Really nice and enthousiastic personnel. Calm atmosphere. Good size room. Nice pool and good placement. Bbq and pic nic tables available.Does need work in the room. Theres only a shower and no cable. They have wifi. Was ok since really not expensive.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Mic G, Manager at Jonathan Edwards Motel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hi I dont understand what the guest is saying by only a shower and no cable. We have rooms with standup showers and some rooms with tubs and all rooms have 27 inch color cable tvs with over 100 channels. I dont know why they say no cable??
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I just stayed at the Jonathan Edwards Motel July 23-25. I had a King Size bed that was very comfortable. Clean sheets and towels. The room is a little out dated and could be re done but that didn't matter. The TV had many channels and worked very nice. The swimming pool was amazing, clean and a nice temp. We had the pool to ourselves for a while. It was very quiet at night. The staff was very very nice. Everyone we spoke with was polite. Very nice place if your on a budget.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy D
Hudson Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is not a AAA motel, but it is clean, the bed was very comfortable, and staff excellent.
The "window" light issue was non-issue for me as I put the extra blanket over it.
Not very stylish, but kept out the light 100%.
The staff was excellent, made sure I had microwave in my room along with fridge.
I brought my own little coffee maker, so I was all set there.
My stay here was very nice & will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked Jonathan Edwards Motel in March 2014 for a stay in July. I called a month before my reservation to add an additional night. I was planning on arriving at 9 am way before check in, I requested to book for the night before, so when I arrived I had a room to check into. The front desk was extremely accommodating and said not to worry about booking an extra night when I was only going to need it for a few hours. I was informed I would have a room ready for me when I arrived with no additional charge. However, that was not the case. When I checked in I explained my situation and telephone conversation I had with the front desk, the women remembered having the conversation with me, but impolitely/unmannerly told me she would not be able to accommodate my request because there was a full house. As this is going on the women is looking through her reservation book and realized the motel did not even have my reservation. When I questioned our phone conversation and ask why I was told such a thing when I originally wanted to book for an additional night the women became even more disrespectful and ended up slamming the door behind me as I left.

Needless to say, I did not stay at the Jonathan Edwards Motel and I never plan to. The Travel Lodge down the street was more than gracious to accommodate me.

1 Thank Diane J
Mic G, Manager at Jonathan Edwards Motel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
I have reviewed this customers file and see that she did try to check in at 9 am. Being July 4th week and for that matter any week in the cape in the summer time we are always sold out the prior night. In this case it was July 4th week the rates were 149 per night and this customer absolutely did not ask to reserve another night so she could check in early because she didn't want to pay an additional 149 dollars which I don't blame her I wouldn't either. However if we are sold out checkout is at 11 am there are people still in the room till 11 am. Are we supposed to knock on a guests door and tell them to leave immediately because someone wants to check in?? We cant do that. The door was never slammed it is in a high wind area and the door closes and slams all the time. You will see a big block in front of all office doors to keep them open look for it upon arrival so the door must have slammed behind her. The woman she spoke with was Christina the one the is on almost every review on any site and there is not one bad remark about her. Weather or not the customer left a bad review or a good review Christine always treats everyone that walks through that door with respect and as family. I would implore you to read all the reviews and you will not find one other customer service issue related to Christina. We cant allow check in at 9 am if there are guests in the room. For this reason this particular person decided to leave a horrible review. This is incredibly childish to me and seems like someone needs some growing up and maturing to do. Because she wasn't let it at 9 am as check in is at 3 pm she threw a tantrum.

Travellers are raving about these Dennis Port hotels

Chicopee, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

You do get what you pay for. We came down for a wedding and didn’t want to pay the high on season rates, while it wasn’t the worse place I’ve ever slept; it does need a lot of work. The staff was very friendly, and when we checked in we were told we had “a great room”. Well, the front blinds were cracked so you could see right out to the parking lot; the blinds were mounted on top of the window frame rather than the standard inside the frame and there are no curtains. So unless you were standing right in front of the window, you can see right out and people can see right in. Same for the bathroom, as you step out of the shower, everyone can see you. Because there were no curtains to darken the room, the room is well lit all night, and there is no sleeping in on you vacation since the room is daylight bright at 5. There’s also no mattress pad, and the worn-out fitted sheet slips off in the middle of the night, so you will find yourself sleeping directly in on the mattress when you wake up in the morning. There’s also no “do not disturb signs” to place on the door, so they will repeatedly open your door while you try to nap to clean your room, even after you tell them you’re all set. Also, even though the website says there is, there are no hairdryers, irons, ironing boards, coffee makers, or a minibar in the rooms. Like I said, you get what you paid for.

3 Thank sarai4181
micsboxster, General Manager at Jonathan Edwards Motel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hi, We service 6000 guests in the span of 12 weeks. That is a enormous amount. We cant satisfy everyone although we try our best. But if you notice the ones that just dont stop complaining are the ones that leave the review or the people that never even stayed at all but were charged a cancellation fee are the first ones to make up stuff. We do not let people off the cancellation fee and then they leave reviews because anyone can leave a review weather you stayed or not. All of our rooms have brand new blinds and there are no cracks in any of them. Hair dryers irons etc are all available for free at the front desk. This particular guest we comped her room because of the amount of complaints from them and even after that since you cant satisfy the truly miserable they leave a bad review and worse make up a bunch of things to say as well. Also check out is at 11am. We went into the room at 12:30 to find the guest still trying to stay as long as possible. Go figure.
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Our host was super friendly, the room was nice and clean with a king bed, we got coffee at the reception in the morning and it was 70$ for the night which make it a great budget motel. We had a good time and its good for anyone on a budget.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple