“Big deception!”
Review of Pelham House

Pelham House
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Was really expecting nice thing for this stay as I was travelling with my ex-gf last summer. It was the most expensive room of all we had during a 10 day trip in New England. My room description had Ocean view from room on it... well, you had an angle view if you were in the corner of the room near the television. Otherwise the view was on a tennis court, that could certainly use some work, and houses beside the so-called Resort. Also, the A/C was totally inefficient as we had a hard time sleeping since it was too hot. Also, rooms are out dated, especially the bathroom.

Also, the 400-feet beach is far from being nice.. it was full of Algae and the sand had a lot of cigarettes butt.

The breakfast at the morning is served in the basement in a really out dated room and the breakfast itself was more than ordinary.

On a positive note, it was nice getting a sunbath near the swimming pool while looking at the ocean in the same time.

As for the service, I had a good first impression when I was welcome. But few hours later when I had a question for the frontdesk, the only people there was busy with a client. I waited 10 minutes before leaving, tired of waiting.. during the 10 minutes, the frontdesk agent didn't even bother giving me a sign that he will be with me shortly. He even answered a phone during that 10 minutes.

I Will definitely avoid this hotel next time I'll go in this area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 July 2013

This is a nice hotel for a family wanting to visit Cape Cod. The hotel is right on the beach. The hotel has a pool and serves a continental breakfast. The rooms have a kitchenette which is very helpful for keeping down costs and a balcony which looks out on the ocean. The rooms are spacious and clean. There is a sitting area with a sleep sofa and 2 easy chairs. The hotel and the rooms could use some freshing up. (e.g peeling paint on baseboards and steps, dated decor) but overall not a bad room for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Angelash45
Reviewed 4 July 2013

In all fairness I can't really rate the cleanliness of the housekeeper as the front desk staff left us keys to a room that had not been cleaned after the previous guest! I mean don't these people check rooms?! Furthermore, don't be fooled by the word "resort." There are very few resort like amenities at this place! I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Prizewinner7
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Going to do the best I can to keep this nice and simple. I mean after all that’s what the owner told me their RESORT was; nice and simple! NO A/C, NO HOT WATER, NO STAFF AFTER 8pm, DIRTY, NO CLEAN SHEETS ON SLEEPER SOFA, and OUT DATED. When asked if their were rooms with Air Condition we were told and observed that there was only one room with Air Condition, and that was the owner of the Resorts suite. Go figure, the owner apparently needed air conditioning, but cannot and will not supply their guest with Air Conditioning! Beautiful pictures and amazing scenery, and in the end, when you walk in, nothing but a disaster. For what is charged per night to stay in this arm pit, they should be able to afford some small A/C Units! THIS PLACE IS FRAUDULANT! This place provides you with a View, a room and breakfast. How is that a RESORT! FRAUDULANT!

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor have better breeze
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Ron C
Reviewed 3 October 2012

My husband and I stayed Mid September (off season), and had a great time. It is close to chatham and Hyannis.
The rooms all have view of the beach. As the Inn is U shaped. Loved sitting on our patio listening to the nantucket sound at night. There are not other hotels around it, so it is not crowded. the beach is private. The inn has chairs you can use to sit on beach if you desitre.
We enjoyed walking on the beach.

The room was king and much bigger than I anticpated after reading the reviews. Had Refigerator, couch, chairs, microwave, Plenty of storage.

We slept with our windows open, as the time of year it was, and it was great listening to the ocean, and the inn was quiet :-) maybe because it was offseason.

concierage. great. lots of menus for yarmouth and dennis and hyannis and maps.

Only bad parts :
1)Breakfast was minimal, I know it is continental, but I expected a little more.
2) towels looked like they were worn. Need replacing.

Room Tip: Request 2nd level room for better view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mckinneygirl75070
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I got a King Suite with Ocean view, rooms are a little dated but big and the view from the balcony was amazing. Breakfast was basic but nice and staff were friendly.For €75 a night it was good value and I would recommend

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Treblecle
Reviewed 18 September 2012

First vacation with both of my daughters together in a long time and anxiously awaiting the Summer of 2013 for our return visit! Our room was nice and clean with a private deck, comfy bed, and a beautiful oceanview! Daily complimentary breakfast, and just steps from the lovely pool area and private beach! Very friendly staff!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
The Breakers on the Ocean
The Breakers on the Ocean
#12 of 19 in Dennis Port
Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront

Been to Pelham House? Share your experiences!