“Awesome views!”
Review of Pelham House

Pelham House
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Went on the off season, great deal! We had a ocean view room, they're all ocean view!! Our view was excellent. Rooms were large, sitting area had a couch, coffee table and 2 chairs - all very comfy! They also gave you a continental breakfast which was fine. Large kitchen area lots of storage. Bed was comfy too!. Excellent location in the season, not so much for the off season, but we' weren't there for that. We went to ride the bike trails which were about 3 miles away and so worth the travel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trish M

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We had our wedding the Pelham House this past weekend. It was fantastic. My new husband and I are so incredibly pleased by how everything went. We had our ceremony and reception on the lawn overlooking the ocean. The place isn't too fancy, very rustic "Cape Cod" (which we love anyway). It is updated and clean, and the managers are very nice and accommodating. The location is perfect, right on the ocean with a pool and walking distance to a couple restaurants. The included full breakfast is a great touch. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get an oceanfront king. When you wake up in the morning it looks like a p...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charley713
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had a room on the third floor which overlooked the pool and the ocean. Fantastic! Great to fall asleep hearing the waves and wake up to see the ocean. The balcony was nice to sit on and the door could be left open for a breeze as well as the two side windows. Staff were wonderful at the front desk. Went beyond helpful when we had a problem with a wallet left elsewhere. The lady at the desk( sorry I forget her name) offered to phone for us and we got it back. The breakfast was a full hot buffet breakfast every morning and was lovely. Basement breakfast room had windows and was more than fine. Only problem was that the lock on our door was a bit outdated, no dead bolt that I could tell. However we did feel fairly safe. Also we noticed cig. butts on the balcony from the previous guest and informed a young man at the front desk of this on our first day, however they remained there during our 4 day stay. Don't think the balcony is cleaned regularly. I worried about the floor in the shower. Felt a little bit old . Other than that I think it was well worth the money.

Room Tip: Did not have coffee makers in the room and breakfast started at 8:00. If you like your coffee earlie...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 52scan
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. The Hotel is older but my room had been renovated. The rooms were spacious and clean. Flat screen TV, lots of storage, granite counter with microwave and mini fridge, and cutely decorated. The bed was hard as a rock and the sheets/bedspread was basic. The pillows were terrible -bring one from home. there isn't any AC but I had my windows and sometimes the patio door open and I could hear ocean waves at night. The full hot breakfast had eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, pastries, cereal, etc. and was good. The pool area is nice and the little beach is cute. The location is good. There is a popular ice cream shop called sundae school very close and also other restaurants like royal family pizza (yummy pizza) and arnie's snack shop is right next door to hotel. The staff was really nice and helpful. I would return again. I loved the location, clean rooms, great view, good breakfast, and pool. cape cod has a lot of old motels/hotels. In the cute little towns you are not going to find any chains. Its part of the cape cod charm.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I guess I understand the negative reviews and I don't think the place should be called a Resort. But it is a nice, clean place directly on the ocean. Yes, it's an older hotel that's been spruced up; and yes, the (free) full breakfast is served in a basement room. There's no air conditioning because you get a nice breeze from the ocean by opening you windows. On the water in Cape Cod you only need a/c about 1 week out of the year. There's a fan in the room. The rooms are large and airy but basic with polyester bedspreads. If you want a sparkling brand new chain-style hotel directly on the ocean, there are very few on the Cape and their price would be double what Pelham House charges. I love listening to the ocean all night, my kids love the small private beach right outside, the clean pool, and the big grassy area. The view of the ocean from all (or most?) rooms is gorgeous. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank JaneTraveler
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I enjoyed this hotel. I found it clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel is located on the beach with a very nice salt water pool available. The beach does contain some seaweed, like most beaches in cape cod, but was otherwise clean and enjoyable. The room was very nice and clean with a kitchenette and large bathroom. The daily continental breakfast was excellent consisting of delicious coffee, eggs, sausages, bacon, bagles, muffins, and cereal. Some people dislike the lack of air conditioning in every room. In general, open up the windows and let that cooler ocean breeze cool you down at night. If you require sleeping in a 58 degree room, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank docphysics
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I recently made a reservation at this resort, three hours after making the reservation I needed to cancel. I called the manager and he explained that if he sells the room he would most defintely give us a refund on our cc which was about 300.00 + , anyway I did not hear back from anyone from the resort to let us know if they sold the room or not. Like how would we even know if the manager was honest or not. Anyway I decided to email him and ask that if he did not sell the room if at least he could give us a credit to use at a later date. NO RESPONSE to my email. I was left feeling stupid for making a reservation and having to cancel with no garantees. And a bit violated to be honest. Does anyone consider family anymore? I will never recommend this resort nor will I be staying there EVER. In addition to reading some disappointing reviews, I went ahead and made the reservation anyway, really I should known better! Reviews are real people!

Room Tip: Choose a different resort, this owner is money hungry.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
#7 of 20 in West Yarmouth
All Seasons Resort
All Seasons Resort
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Pelham House? Share your experiences!