“this is not a resort” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
nc
“this is not a resort”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2010

Don't expect to be able to sleep unless you can sleep standing up!!! Worst bed I have ever tried to sleep in. (really bad, I'm not kidding). I had read some of the other comments about the hard mattress and thought it could not be that bad . WRONG!!!!
We could not take another night and left a day early to sleep at a motel. No internet in your room ???? You have to go down to the lobby to use the internet . Is it 2010 or not ? You will need a car, there is only a few resturants in walking distance and they were not open when we were there . Will not go back . It's more like a budget motel not a resort.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelerNCnc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Pordenone, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

We booked one week at this resort through Diamond Resort web site and we were really worried as I read the reviews on TA.
It was low season as we got to the Cape and the resort was almost empty.
We were given room n. 222 on the second floor. We had one bedroom with king size bed, full kitchen, living room with firework and terrace with the hot hub that yes, did work (but unfortunately we did not have the chance to use it). The suite was cozy and we liked it very much, although the room showed its age and would need massive refreshment – especially about the sofa (which was old and torn) and the sheets (torn and ages old). The cleanliness was even not overall excellent.
But we enjoyed the resort in the end. The location was excellent, as other reviewers said, the beach was outstanding, the staff nice and there was even free internet access from the lobby (why didn’t they get a more powerful wi-fi signal till the rooms?....).
I would surely go back to the resort and even suggest it to my friends, although I think that its ideal price is no more than 150 US$ per night.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

This was a timeshare exchange so I don't know how to estimate the value. It was the same quality as my traded unit, but off season. I had a great week even with several wildly rainy days. My first floor unit faced the ocean although not near it at all. It was nice to be in the cozy warm living room with the fireplace on and look through the large slider at that cold rain, while reading or watching TV. As in my own timeshare with limited channels only an occasional PBS documentary or sometimes the History channel interested me. There is a DVD player. I did not do anything special, just took walks and relaxed, mostly cooked in. Housekeeping checked every day to see if anything was needed.

The unit was absolutely beautiful and well decorated with furniture as good as new. I did not use the pool or hot tub but saw others did. I can't imagine it would ruin someone's vacation if their hot tub did not work. The bed was firm but OK. Luckily the wireless internet worked fine in my room, and it was nice to have it. I understand it does not work in all rooms and it should be a priority for Edgewater to correct that.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2010

After reading the reviews it was so hard for me to pack my suitcase and travel. I am traveling a lot and love good hotels, but the reviews were telling me that it will be better to stay home. I did take the chance and I am happy I did it. When I opened the door of my room I was so impressed. The room was clean and freshly painted, the hotel stuff nice and helpful, and no holes in the walls. I enjoyed every moment of my stay at this hotel. As per holes in the walls and doors, ripped cushions, etc., we should blame our behavior too not only the management and hotel stuff.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gina2009NewYork
Quincy, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2009

I am an owner of a week at edgewater beach. Not for long I'm afraid. After four years we have decided to, hopefully sell. Holes in the doors, paint pealing on the walls, holes in the walls, ripped cushions on the back of the couch, toilet seats that do not fit the toilet and house keeping that does not include vacuuming the floor and rug. An overall seediness that we can no longer except. I love Cape Cod and all that it has to offer. We will look to find other alternatives to enjoy the Cape experience.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laameduck1
DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

I agree with the reviews that the location of the resort is wonderful - and there are several excellent restaurants close by. However - the bed was horrible and the sofabed was worse. When I talked with the manager about this, I got a shrug and a smirk, with an indication that some people thought the beds were OK. Housekeeping brought and "egg crate" foam mattress which helped on the bed but not the sofa bed - which was missing springs (found some on top of the wardrobe.) I went on vacation wanting to catch up on sleep and relax, but instead came back sick and exhausted. I'd recommend this only if you are willing to bring your own mattress. Seriously.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2009

This was the worst resort /accommodation I have ever stayed in. At $297 per night it was very overpriced, hot tub did not work, toilet leaked, overall very poor quality and service was poor and unhelpful. We were advised by management/staff that there were many problems with maintenance primarily due to lack of funding from the owners. Avoid staying here at all costs. There are many other lovely places to stay on beautiful Cape Cod

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Blue Water on the Ocean
#6 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa

Been to Edgewater Beach Resort? Share your experiences!