“I felt like I was sleeping in grandma's attic”

Three Seasons Motor Lodge
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Reading the other reviews, I now realize that some rooms are updated here and some aren't. Ours clearly wasn't.
We had a partial ocean view on the 2nd floor, and I don't think it's been updated since the 60's (except for maybe the carpet). The room smelled like my grandmother's attic. We needed to keep windows open for the first hour or two to air it out.
While we could see the ocean, the beach bar blocked part of our view.
The beds and bedding were ancient. I noticed a big stain at the bottom of one bed.
The bathroom was tiny, and oddly, had a bottle opener screwed into the wall. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic.
There wasn't an iron, but we asked for one and they didn't have a problem giving it to us.
There was a nice blackout curtain on the balcony window, but the main door (which had windows), faced east and blazing sun came in first thing in the morning.
The garbage truck paid a visit to the dumpsters outside our room at 7:30am on a Saturday...
The parking lot in the evening was packed and busy with people coming for the Ocean House restaurant. They must do nearly all valet too, since the valet guys were running everywhere and parking all over the place (on the grass, etc). It felt busy, crowded, and frantic. It seems odd that one of the best restaurants around would be connected to such a dated hotel.
The beach is nice, a little small, but was never overcrowded.
We got $5 coupons to cover breakfast at the cafe downstairs, but it's not enough to cover anything on the menu.

All in all, a weird place...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank waterangel21

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is our second stay and we plan on returning again next year. last week in aug rates go down but I feel as though there are alot more families who take advantage of the lower rates, so there are alot more kids. ocean front rooms are the best, we like the ones on the right side of the hotel, they are more private.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 1 September 2013

It would be nice if these people got back to you in regards to reservations. Sent numerous e-mails and never heard back from them. I Wuld have lovedtk stay here but no response. Anddont tell me i should have called . Every other place I contacted by e-mail responded within 24 hours or less. It is the age of the e-mail... very disapointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen C
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Since writing my first review of the Three Seasons in 2008, we have returned every year. We love this place and my kids look forward to our annual vacation at the Three Seasons. We stay in a second floor oceanfront room and reserve the same room every year. These rooms are the nicest and most renovated. We bring my elderly mom, who stays in a first floor oceanfront. Little has changed in these rooms over the years, although this year the comforters were new. The staff is very accommodating and welcoming year after year. A few things have changed, however, some for the better, some not. A few years back, the management opened a little homemade Tikki bar, which was then taken over by the Ocean House, who also took over the Coffee Shop, now the Beaches Cafe, last year. They have added tables this year and the bar is a chi-chi happening spot. The food is excellent, as is the food in the Ocean House, which we visit every year for a special fancy dinner. The drinks at the Beach bar are very pricey, so we don't frequent it too often. A couple of complaints: the area which had been set aside for sun lounges is now taken over by the beach bar tables, and the lounges are pushed off to the side and stacked up, and if you want to sit on them, you need to haul them out yourself. The tables and the new raw bar are now directly in front of the stairs to the beach. This makes it very awkward when coming up from the beach, juggling towels, beach chairs and kids boogie boards and such and having to squeeze past tables of folks having cocktails and food. Also, the beach chairs, which used to be kept in the shed for all to take, are now just left out on the beach, as the shed is used for bar equipment. The chairs, though never luxurious, used to be plentiful and in decent shape. Now the few that remain are rusted and in poor shape. Thankfully, I read the reviews this year and brought my own chairs. I was glad I did. The Colony right next door meanwhile provides nice beach chairs and lounges on the beach for their guests. It seems like certain motel guest service details are getting overlooked as the Beaches cafe and bar business flourishes. I also wish they provided kitchenettes, but I understand that would require an electrical upgrade. Still, the beach at the Three Seasons is the longest and widest of any of the nearby motels, and we love the privacy of our oceanfront rooms, so we will keep coming back.

Room Tip: The second floor oceanfront rooms are the nicest and most updated.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I checked in on a busy weekend and there were only two rooms available on the second floor. The first floor wasn't for me because other guests are walking right by/right through your patio area. Although it would be much quicker to get out to the beach or pool area, I would rather have a bit more privacy. The location was great, it was literally right on the beach. Although we never went to their restaurant, they did serve food out on the patio by the beach as well. The food was very good too and the waitstaff was great. They were dressed as you would expect to find someone in a high end NYC hotel. It was a nice touch. Also they had these large fancy torch things that they pulled out in the evening and it really dressed the place up. The staff at the front desk were so wonderful and helpful as well.

My only complaint would be the room. I realize this establishment has been around for quite some time and I have heard that some of the rooms were updated, however mine clearly was not one. The things that were disappointing, but that I was fine with: The bathroom was super tiny, the back wall was wood paneling, and the comforter appeared to be very old. It would have been nice if there was some updating, but honestly I'm OK with all that. However the box spring on one of the beds was clearly dirty. It had a huge watermark running diagonally down the side. I don't understand why they wouldn't have a dust ruffle over it, or a cover of some sort. I wish I had never noticed it, as it just made the whole room feel dirty. I was going to ask to have our room switched but the other room on the second floor that was available when we made our reservation (and who knew if it was still available) was near the pool and ours was near the beach, and I didn't want to be moved to the first floor.

We were a little concerned about our close proximity to the tiki-bar area, as we had our young son with us and he goes to bed early. However they close it down at a decent hour and it wasn't a problem at all. The place was great actually and everyone was having a good time there.

Honestly I would stay here again, but I would ask for an updated room. It would have changed the whole feel of the place had it felt cleaner to me. We spent very little time in our room and most of our time out on their spectacular beach. You really can't beat the location!

Room Tip: Second floor if you like privacy, first floor if you like a quick exit to the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KayM71
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My sister and 12 of our close friends spent the weekend at the Three Seasons Resort and were very content!

The proximity to the ocean was ideal and the resort's convenient walk or drive to some of Dennis Port's best bars and restaurants we were grateful for.

The rooms are well seasoned so if you're not planning on spending your time outside at the beach or pool this is not the hotel for you.

Staff was friendly yet very young.

Food was decent however drinks were over priced.

Weekend evenings they host a great live band at their tiki hut which attracts a great crowd.

Room Tip: Ocean view or ocean front is your best bet (more privacy). Pool view's are loud with use of poo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hillary F
Reviewed 31 July 2013

we have been staying here for years. when we go there are about 20 of us. the staff is great about putting us all together. they are very friendly and the place is so comfortable! there is a great restaurant right next door who also does catering at the bar at the hotel. (outside) It is clean and very pleasant. we all can't wait to go back next year!!

Room Tip: ocean front is the best but even the other rooms all have views of the water from the large porches...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront
Pelham House
Pelham House
#13 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to Three Seasons Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!