We were in Unit 103 in the Oceanfront building. You enter the unit directly into the bedroom which was kind of strange. The bedroom and living area is separated by a pocket door. A stretch to call it a 1 bedroom -- more like a studio -- but is was nicely decorated and perfect for 2 people, crowded with 3. We had our college aged daughter with us and she was glad we had packed an Aero Bed as the pull out sofa bed was awful. The unit's front window was directly on the pool deck, however there is no access to the pool from the unit, so no outside space. In fact ALL of the units in the Ocean building have neither balconies or patios. The building across the street (Units in the 300-500 block) do have balconies/patios. Being on the first floor we heard every footfall, bathroom flush, and opening of drawers of our upstairs neighbors which was a bit annoying as we are late sleepers. The beach is directly in front of the pool with easy access and even a few lounge chairs. The beach is not cleaned so there was a lot of ocean detritus, but not horrible. The pool was well maintained and I saw staff there every day checking PH levels, etc. The unit had a full size refrigerator, microwave, and enough dishes and glasses to keep us happy. There are two grills in the parking area -- we did not use -- but people were grilling every evening so seemed to be well maintained. Laundry is free in the common area which included a guest computer. We had little interaction with the staff as the front desk is at The Soundings next door, but the staff we did speak to were gracious and helpful. Towel exchange every day if desired. There are two restaurants within 2/10th's of a mile. The snotty and pretentious Ocean House is a nice place to have an after dinner drink, and if you can stand the "holier than thou" attitude of the staff you can enjoy an overpriced entree for dinner. The Ebb Tide is by far the better choice. Service, food, and ambiance are all wonderful, and they have a prix-fixed 3 course menu for $27 on Mondays or for early birds every day. My husband got the best Prime Rib he's ever had on this menu -- and the a la carte menu was even better! I did not give this resort 5 stars merely because of the small size of the unit and lack of outside space, however, it was clean and comfortable and oceanfront.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two story rustic Motor Inn, ocean view or ocean front guest rooms, sandy beach; located 5 miles from HYA airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Breakers on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers On The Ocean Hotel Dennis Port
- The Breakers On Ocean
- The Breakers On The Ocean Cape Cod, MA - Dennis Port