We booked a 2 bedroom unit and were put in the beachside building. The parking is kind of tight and odd (need to do a 3 point turn to get out which is a challenge if the lot is full). The rooms were nice and clean - and having 2 bathrooms was a bonus. The fridge and microwave came in handy. Lots of storage and a TV in each bedroom as well as one in the living room (which also had a pull out couch if sleeping more than 4 in the space. The floor has some kind of fake hardwood which was fine - except that it made people walking overhead seem quite noisy. But overall, noise from other units was not as bad as I had expected. The pool area was nice and the small beach was nice to have just a few steps away. Warning - Dennis and other South facing beaches can get seaweedy and this was no exception. Waters are generally calm and warmer than some other coasts in New England.
It is odd to have to check in/check out at the neighboring Soundings Resort down the road (which has amenities that are usable by Breakers guests). I understand those reviewers which are offended by the cost but it seemed in line with other similar places that we looked at and, in our opinion, provided more than we expected - but we are kind 'low maintenance' people. We went for a few days, and it provided a great location to do all that we wanted to do on our quick vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two story rustic Motor Inn, ocean view or ocean front guest rooms, sandy beach; located 5 miles from HYA airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Breakers on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers On The Ocean Hotel Dennis Port
- The Breakers On Ocean
- The Breakers On The Ocean Cape Cod, MA - Dennis Port