All reviews spiral staircase off season fold out couch cape cod loft bedroom hyannis port beach house top floor miniature golf indoor pool water view hot tub full kitchen can't wait to go back microwave ocean laundry
Reviewed 25 November 2018

October was a warm and restful time to visit Cape Cod. The staff located at Soundings Resort accrossrecommended some great places for breakfast close by and were super helpful. Just a reminder that The Breakers is not on the beach, but is skip to get there. Not much of a view of the ocean, however, the location is great for day trips out. IE Cuffy's, Mashpee Commons, The Melody Tent, Wild Birds Unlimited,

Review collected in partnership with RCI
BluegreenCares, Manager at The Breakers on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2018

Hello Connector141784, thank you for staying with us at The Breakers on the Ocean.

Reviewed 26 October 2018

This unit is something that would be convenient for the summer time . There is a beach across the street and also pools etc, Ihad expected to have a water view and was disappointed with my room across the street with no view. If Ihad a window view I could have enjoyed the ocean view while the wind was blowing outside.

Review collected in partnership with RCI
BluegreenCares, Manager at The Breakers on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

Hello Experience482717, thank you for staying with us at The Breakers on the Ocean. We are sorry that you did not have an ocean view during your stay, we hope this did not detract too much from your overall enjoyment of your stay.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

We have been to this area two other times and decided to stay in the Dennis Port area again because we love The Ocean House restaurant just down the street. I booked two rooms on line directly with the resort that detailed two ocean view rooms. When we arrrived we had a hard time identifying the hotel, their signage is very poor and you can not figure out where to check in. They have like four different buildings with a couple across the street from the ocean front one. When I checked in the girl at the desk said you are at the back of the building next door facing the road. I said no, my reservation said ocean view. Some twenty something guy next to her rudely said "no those rooms do not have an ocean view" and just glared at my wife and me. I went out to the car and got my printed reservation confirmation and showed her the "ocean view" declaration. She went back into the office to talk to her manager and came back and said "since you are staying in the building that is on the beach side of the road you do not qualify for an ocean vew" How obsurd and unprofessional. When we checked into our 2nd floor room we found the facility pretty shabby, with no elevator. When we got into our room we found a bloody hand towel hanging on the shower rod. We went ahead and spent the night but would not shower in that tub. I agree with other reviewers, keep looking we have stayed at much nicer places on the beach there with ocean view.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello anniversaryinfl, thank you for choosing The Breakers Resort. We appreciate your feedback and regret to learn of your disappointing experience. We will be working with our staff to correct this. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Great place. Centrally located. Would certainly come back. Rooms were clean and fresh. Directly next to the beach. Only room for one car....really need 2 but understandable. Laundry wasn’t in the room but a short walk and it was free... including soap.

Date of stay: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with RCI
BluegreenCares, Manager at The Breakers on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hello mjwallacesr, thank you for staying with us at The Breakers on the Ocean. We are delighted that you were pleased with our location, property and accommodations! We hope you can stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 19 September 2018

TLDR: Huge disappointment. Keep looking. This is not a "resort" by any definition in America. Also, it's not even a traditional hotel room. You're paying luxury hotel prices but they run it as a vacation rental (i.e., no services).

I don't love leaving bad reviews but I must absolutely warn travelers that this place is a total ripoff. I stayed here because I was looking for something nice on Cape Cod that I could reserve through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal. I am familiar with the Cape and I did NOT want a vacation house. Many of them smell very musty. I wanted a hotel with services.

1. I booked a "QUEEN" room based on the photos I was shown on the Breakers website. I did NOT get a queen room. I got a DOUBLE room. Yes, the small print on the reservation page says "double bed." My bad!!!! But then WHY call it a Queen room and show photos that totally misrepresent what you're getting??

2. The room was SO TINY.... ("How tiny was it?")

>The bed was not only a double, it was a Murphy bed (which made so much creaking and cracking noise, it woke us up every time one of us moved or rolled over).

>The coffee table AND OUR LUGGAGE had to be relocated every time we wanted to set up and put away the bed.

>The TV was facing the bed. There was no way to sit on the sofa and watch TV.

>I could not get to the bathroom from the far side of the bed without climbing over furniture and banging my shins.

> The very heavy sofa bed that I could not move was blocking access to the one closet where the safe and bedding were stored.

>I am 5'5 and could EASILY reach up and place my hand on the ceiling.

>The table was literally on top of the air conditioner. No way to sit there without freezing solid unless we wanted to let the whole room heat up.

>There was no way to sit facing each other at the table because the nightstand and mini frig were crammed into the spaces on either side of the table.

3. The photo of the room I chose had a full-sized frig. My room had a mini.

4. The photo of the room they sold me was a normal hotel room. It definitely looked like a "queen" room. No resemblance whatsoever to the room I got (and their website does not present multiple options for a party of 2).

5. In the photo of the room I booked, there are clearly dresser drawers. The room I got had no drawers where I could unpack my things.

6. The balcony was covered in sand. This was not a first-floor unit, so the sand didn't blow in. In fact, the rest of our walk from the car was sand free. We inadvertently tracked sand inside that we then had to walk on for the rest of our stay. Not sure why they didn't consider the balcony to be part of the rest of the room when it came to cleaning. (I live by the beach. It's not hard to keep a residence sand-free between guests.)

7. THIS HOTEL OFFERS NO HOUSEKEEPING! Holy cow. For $275 a night, I expect someone to come in once a day to make the bed, take out the trash and restock the coffee. They did send someone to give me coffee when I finally realized we were not going to get any services and called to inquire, but they told me if we wanted housekeeping it would cost $75 EACH TIME.

8. The bathroom was tiny... not terribly abnormal... but there was no towel bar anywhere near the tub/shower! It was on the other side of the bathroom.

9. WiFi was sketchy the whole time, but at least it was free.

10. The a/c unit never stopped running. When the desired temp was reached it stopped blowing cold air but never stopped running the fan. Continuous massive white noise. My ears were ringing by the time we checked out.

I am absolutely in shock over what we got for the price we paid. Shock.

If you want a vacation house experience, get a house.

If you want a hotel, to to the Sheraton, Best Western, Wyndham or Hilton - the Cape has lots of brand name choices where you will get what you expect.

Room tip: The good room is at the Hilton
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BluegreenCares, Manager at The Breakers on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Hello KimSanDiego, thank you for sharing your review of The Breakers on the Ocean. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoyed your stay and were not pleased with your accommodations. We are also sorry that our housekeeping policies as a timeshare property was not made clear to you. We value the feedback you have shared and will be passing it on to our team. Thank you.