“pretty good”

Price range: US$19 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A true Cape Cod Classic! Built around an original Cape Cod sea captain’s home, the Ebb Tide serves fresh, local seafood, whole lobsters and prime beef in five intimate dining rooms. Three-Course Dinner Specials offered 5pm-6pm. Open May – September.
Reading, Pennsylvania
“pretty good”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

pretty good for local fresh seafood. liked the lemon sorbet amuse bouche between courses - a nice unadverised touch.

• Visited July 2011

Kewanee, Illinois
“Nice restaurant with early bird specials”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We ate here while on vacation and really had an enjoyable meal. We arrived at 515pm (I had made reservations only one hour prior) in time for the early bird specials which are 430-530. My kids are ages 11,13,15--so it is like having 5 adults including my husband. There was only one other table that I saw w/ children. Most of the crowd appeared to be retirees. There is a nice seafood variety. For $26 there was a 3 course meal or the early bird specials which included salad or soup, main entree, dessert, homeade bread, and water/ice tea/coffee. One thing the waitress failed to tell us was that they did not have free refills on soda (which was served in small glasses). Each soda was close to $2 which added up quickly. The clam chowder was the best I had while on Cape Cod--very hearty w/ large chunks of clams. The homeade bread was wonderful. I had a seafood bake which I thought was a little chincy on seafood-small amt scrod, 3 scallops, and one shrimp served in a small casserole w/ buttered crumbs on top. It was okay-nothing fabulous as the crumbs overtook the seafood. My daughter's salmon and husband's swordfish were very generous servings. The desserts were very good. I think they were homeade. I had a mixed fruit pie and the kids had mississippi mud cake--looked great. Everyone finished every crumb of dessert. Our bill came to $150 w/o tip. Would probably eat here again if we revisit this area.

• Visited July 2011
Valatie, New York
“Kitchen Closed Early On A Friday Night”
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Traveling on a Friday night, we arrived at 8:30pm to the Ebb Tide to find out that the kitchen closed early that evening. The weather was beautiful just before the Fourth of July weekend. We were disappointed as we had looked forward to dining there upon the start of our vacation week. The food and atmosphere are quintessential Cape Cod. There is no excuse and it is in poor taste for a restaurant of this quality to close so early at the start of the summer season.

Youngstown, Ohio
“Terrific!”
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Dinner was outstanding! We had the 3 course meal for $26, (only good until the end of June). The service, (Christine) was outstanding!!! We both had the beet salad, seafood cassarole with garlic mashed and chocolate mousse for dessert. The waitress made herself present in case we wanted anything but was not bothersome. She had a great personality. Food was HOT and delicious. Plenty of food as we both left full. My mother said everything was perfect from start to finish. Even the coffee was great. I will go back again. Make sure to stop in the gift store too. Cute items for a reasonable price.

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Old Cape Cod charm”
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Ample free parking. We were there before the high season, so it wasn't crowded. Got seated immediately. Large menu, heavy on the seafood items. Adequate wine list & full bar. Good service. Several kinds of bread in the basket. Wife & I shared a calamari app. I had the seafood sampler casserole; my wife had swordfish. We were both happy. No room for dessert. The decor is stereotypical "old Cape Cod." We would go back again.