“Much better than last time.”
Review of The Ebb Tide

The Ebb Tide
Ranked #12 of 48 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Price range: US$19 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A true Cape Cod Classic! Built around an original Cape Cod sea captain’s home, the Ebb Tide serves fresh, local seafood, whole lobsters and prime beef in five intimate dining rooms. Three-Course Dinner Specials offered 5pm-6pm. Open May – September.
USA
“Much better than last time.”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We went to dinner after spending a day on the road driving to Provincetown. This restaurant is close by and no traffic to fight. We went before 5:30 PM for the early specials. Compared to the last time we ate there, several years ago, the inside seemed freshened up. There was a new menu. There were no house flies bothering us. The staff was very attentive and helpful. We ordered salmon, scallops, crab cakes and duckling. Each entree was very well prepared, hot and as expected. Dessert and salad come with the early specials. The salad is of average quality and size. If you want dessert, skip everything else and order the Mud Pie. We will definitely go back.

Harwich, Massachusetts
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My son and I arrived fairly late by Cape standards - 7:30, but thought we'd be OK having bypassed the dinner rush. We were seated in what my teenage son called "the children's room" which is the room with crying babies and toddlers. They all finally left, but the waitress had yet to appear. Service wasn't slow, it was excruciating. I have a theory that if you don't order liquor, sub-par service is to be expected and I was proven correct. My scrod stuffed with lobster was scrod stuffed. There was a lobster flavor, but I didn't see any. My son's swordfish "steak" was about a quarter inch thick. The chowder had the right consistency in stock (thin yet thick with ingredients) but the potatoes were mush. We did not get the three course, opting for the full appetizer, salad, intermezzo and entree. The price we paid to add a lousy house salad and lemon sorbet was not worth it! Two hours too long. The meal, the service, the ambience - one big disappointment.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“A Hidden Gem! Fine dining in Dennisport”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This was my first visit to the Ebbtide. Although I'm from the Cape, for some reason I thought this was a breakfast place, had no idea it was such an elegant and cozy dinner spot. I went with several friends and we loved everything, fantastic service, very pretty atmosphere, lots of soft blues and whites. Great wine selection. I had a nice Sauvignon Blanc, Monkey Bay that I've had before and enjoyed.

The Clam Chowder here is one of the best and truest simple Cape Cod chowders, it's creamy and has a nice balance of meaty clams and tender potatoes. Salads were nothing special though. When I go next time, will definitely get the caesar as that looked much better and you have the option of either caesar or garden salad.

Our entrees were amazing. Two of us had the same thing, Tournedos of Filet Mignon that were cooked perfectly and that delicous grilled taste. They were topped with several chunks of fresh lobster tail that was sweet and wonderful especially with the bernaise sauce that accompanied it. Asparagus, baked potato and a nice butternut squash rounded out the meal.

Coffee was very good and we split a slice of the key lime pie which was decadently creamy and had just the right amount of tartness. The lemon sorbet between courses was an elegant and appreciated touch. Looking forward to coming back here soon!

Our bill for three people came to $137 before tip, which was reasonable for the high quality of food and service.

New York City, New York
“Consistently great for the past 10 years!”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Visit to Ebb Tide is our must when in Cape Cod. It's traditional New England food with modern twist. If going on Mo or Tue, they have $26 prefix dinner menu with all the best choices of appetizers, main courses and desserts. I had French onion soup and sampled my hubby's beet salad, again had duck and sampled pecan-crusted salmon, for dessert we all chared our choices, since we were stuffed: carrot cake, choc truffle cake, lemon merengue pie- everything was the best quality and delectable! The service is consistently good and all bar drinks-exceptional. With cappuccinos and liquor your dinner will be around $50 per person, but it will be time well spent!
Word of advise: do not go with kids under 7 years old.

Reading, Pennsylvania
“pretty good”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

pretty good for local fresh seafood. liked the lemon sorbet amuse bouche between courses - a nice unadverised touch.

• Visited July 2011