“Breakfast for 14”

Dining options: Breakfast
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Breakfast for 14”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Large group and they were able to get us all in quickly, great breakfast menu and our waitress was wonderful.

Visited July 2014

Port Aransas, Texas
“friday breakfast”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Being a Friday during off season on the cape, the buffet was not open (only open on weekends) so we ordered from the menu. Everything was cooked as ordered. and was quite tasty. The waitress was very friendly and attentive and was constantly refilling the coffee. The food was served promptly and served at the correct temperature. Would like to return when the full buffet is open.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank bob b
Harwich, Massachusetts
“Needs Some Work”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Recently the Egg and I was bought by the restaurant that abuts it, the Oyster House. The Oyster House is quite wonderful and I have reviewed that previously. I had been to the Egg and I before the change of hands and knew it wasn't wonderful but wanted to give it another try.

It is a huge building for breakfast so if the parking lot looks full don't worry, there is still plenty of space. The Egg and I has been known for its breakfast buffet so for about $12 you can fill up hungry teen age boys and for that purpose it works beautifully. The buffet is long and includes everything you might want. So if you want to fill up hungry men, this is the place. This is only open for breakfast so breakfast is their specialty.

But we didn't want to overeat early in the morning so we ordered from the menu. Service was slow. We had to track down a waitress to fill coffee cups two times. They need a waitress doing nothing but filling coffee cups. The food was OK. Not bad but nothing remarkable. Large portions. They had free newspapers which was a nice touch and we used one as we waited for coffee.

I will give this restaurant another chance as the Oyster House is so good that I can't help thinking they will make some changes with the Egg and I.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Linda U
Troy, New York
“Large portions, good coffee”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Been going here for years b/c it's convenient to our motel. The portions are huge for the price. In the past I tried the buffet but I could not eat enough to get my money's worth. Te 2 egg portions are huge, as are the omelets. I will admit mine was a little cold but it was worth complaining about to me. Also as cinnamon toast which was amazing. Service was fine & coffee was good.

• Visited August 2013
“Fantastic breakfast”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Had the buffet the first day which was great so we overate! Mext day - pancakes, french toast, fresh fruit, all fantastic. Excellent service

Visited August 2013