“Best of the Cape”

Ocean House Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here with friends Sunday
Nite...'cause in summer res. Are our 3 wks. In wk.ends. great food and
Catherine was dinomite!

There are newer reviews for Ocean House Restaurant

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The ambiance with the ocean view was fantastic we. We reserved window seats 2 months in advance and got thre by 5 P.M. as required and ended up with window seats looking out at the ocean. The food was excellent especially the Chilean Sea Bass. I am not an adventorous eater but the way the Chilean Sea Bass was fixed made it one of the tastiestdishes I have eaten out.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We called the Ocean House the night we intended to go for dinner to ask if we needed a reservation, the person answering said something @ the beginning I missed but I did catch 'there is walk in seating in our lounge' when I said 'Ok, I'm sorry what was the first part?' she had already hung up. Despite our first reaction to can it, we decided we'd chance the lounge and go with our 2 children anyway. They sat us @ a high top table (with our 2 year old.. no high chair) which worked out ok, but there were plenty of open tables in the dining room (maybe for anticipated reservations, I don't know) but anyway... our server was a male, I wish I remembered his name.. he was very attentive and recommended some delicious dishes. My husband chose the filet and myself the 2 lb roasted lobster. AMAZING! I had left overs for the next day. He doted on our daughters and complimented their behavior, engaged with them regarding school etc. Very very excellent service. He recommended another dish for dessert the chocolate molten cake which was amazing. Would advise reservations but definitely try this place. Despite our gut reaction to avoid, we left very happy.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

You can't get any better with a location. The restaurant is right on the water with lots of glass windows to view it. The only thing I strongly recommend is a reservation. We did not have one and had to wait an hour for lounge seating. Definitely not a family friendly restaurant as I was told they did not have any high chairs for our toddler. As appetizers my husband had the oysters and we tried the point Judith calamari which was tasty with the chorizo but extremely salty. As dinner at the table we had the scallops, the shrimp and the sea bass. The entrees were very tasty, we definitely enjoyed it and would probably go back again. Wait staff was attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

If you're in the area, you have to check it out. Great experience. Lots of fun. Food and service were fantastic. Pricey, but that was expected.