“Fried everything”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Good basic eats. Much of the menu is fried. Be warned that they do not have air-conditioning. Yikes!

There are newer reviews for The Wooden Shoe Inc.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Small little local place with bar and restaurant. NO AC and it was HOT when it was in the 90s. Limited menu, but best food we had. We went back twice. I tried clam chowder at EVERY restaurant and Wooden Shoe was the best! The quahogs were smoky flavored and delicious. My husband had steamers once and the lobster back. Loved it. Even my kids at seafood! Crab cakes and the clam chowder. Beer was priced fair, try the local beer! We were so happy to find this place!

2  Thank nomadswithchildren
Reviewed 27 July 2012

At the hotel we saw an ad for The Wooden Shoe that stated "Try us once and we guarantee you will return for more!" It also claimed to be family friendly and affordable. Really? Was I at the right place? We had an absolutely awful experience and I will never return. I can't believe the positive reviews on here- I actually thought I would have come home, read bad review after bad review, and kicked myself for not checking TA first.
We took our two children thinking it was a family friendly place- totally false advertising. My daughter sat in a highchair that looked like it was going to fall apart. We ordered milk which came in adult glasses- no lids...major spill waiting to happen. This was the only restaurant that didn't have appropriate cups for the kids- sounds like I'm nit picking, but it was absolutely ridiculous. There were two items on the kids menu- macaroni & cheese and a hot dog- ran about $5/$6 a plate. I substituted a side order of rice for the bag of potato chips and was charged $1.75 extra and the bag of chips was promptly taken off the table so that kid's meal ended up costing me $9. Ouch! On to the adult meals. The lobster roll was one of the worst I've had- it was very overpowered by an extreme amount of pepper (whole thing was speckled with black)- very disappointing. My Mom ordered baked scallops which had good flavor, but were all cut in half so she ended up getting about 5 scallops total. It came with an ear of corn- literally. The husk was still on it with the silt- no butter- absolutely tasteless. The side of cole slaw was in a container you'd see tartar sauce served in- so about a forkful. The prices were high for the amount of food we received and we left very disappointed. There's nothing worse than having a really bad meal on vacation. Service was absolutely terrible as well- there was one waitress working all the tables. So the slogan "try us once and we guarantee you will be back for more" should be more like try somewhere different and you'll be a whole lot happier.

3  Thank ChrissyRob2006
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

Small place for some great seafood and service! Huge lobster rolls I saw coming out of the kitchen and great prices on the seafood. I've never had scallops so fresh in my life.. they also have a clambake special which is lobster and steamers which looked delicious and will probably get that next time we go back.. for those who dont like seafood my friends always get the steaktips which are to die for. They also have chicken. Clam chowder is the best I've had on cape cod hands down.

Drinks are cheaper yet stronger than most bars in the surrounding areas so this is a good place for dinner and or drinks. I couldn't believe my mixed drink was only $5 and VERY strong.

Live music Tuesday nights.

Kitchen is only open 5 to 9.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

You have to try this place. We had a bowl of clam chowder and a bowl of lobster bisque followed by a lobster roll. We are now filled to the gills for cheap money. Don't get ripped off at other places on lower county rd. This is the place to go. Not having to cook is also a great reason to come here. Who wants to cook on vacation.

2  Thank beacherdennis