“See Below”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Harwich, Massachusetts
“See Below”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I was looking forward to experiencing LaScala's in Dennis Port. My sister and I had a $15 gift certificate from restaurant.com and we were excited to try the food/atmosphere. Upon arriving, we went through the only designated entrance in the back of the building. When we walked in, we were completely ignored. We didn't understand the set up because when we walked in, the door took us to the bar area. We stood there for about 5 minutes, and the bartender confusingly welcomed us, saying, "Uh....can I help you?" We told him we were here for dinner, and he informed us we needed to walk through the bar to get to the dining room part of the restaurant. It was a very strange set up.

While we were ordering dinner, the waitress (one of the owners) told us they no longer take restaurant.com gift certificates. She told us they would take half the price of the certificate off the meal, ($7.50 off), then she left to answer the phone. There is nothing on their website stating that they no longer take the gift certificates. It was ridiculous. We paid for that certificate and they should honor it. We ended up getting $10 off the meal, and we were very disappointed with the food.

I ordered the sausage and pasta, while my sister ordered the broccoli and sausage pasta. It didn't taste like they seasoned the food or anything, and it was pretty clear the sauce came from a can/sausage was frozen.

I think this whole place needs a re-vamp. Bring in Restaurant Impossible's Robert Irvine and fix this restaurant. It has so much potential, it just needs to be acted upon.

What a disappointment.

2 Thank allisonj144

Cape Cod
“Unimpressed....”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I were here a few years ago, and were unimpressed, but we thought we would give it another try. The result? We were still unimpressed, as was our daughter who joined us. We started with the appetizer special of fried polenta wrapped in prosciutto. It was served with a side of marinara and another sauce. The polenta was tasteless except for the prosciutto. I drenched my piece in the marinara to give it some taste. Disappointing. The salad and bread arrived next. The salad was fresh and yummy with grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and a few black olives. The bread was the size of an oversized softball. It arrived warm. We all agreed that it lacked flavor. For dinner, my daughter ordered the pork tenderloin special. She said it was good, but the pork was dry. I ordered sausage, broccoli, and pasta. The serving was enormous! Enough for four meals; however, it was bland, and I was really disappointed that the broccoli was overcooked and mushy. My husband ordered eggplant and said it was good. Both their meals came with a side of pasta topped with marinara. No waitress here to offer fresh grated cheese though!

As for ambiance, there really isn't any. The dining room is in the front of the building and there is a large bar area on the side. They had tables in the bar which were set with plastic tablecloths, and since they had keno in the bar, there were many locals there. Weird setup...... Overall, it was "just a meal" but it will be our last one there.

1 Thank beck1159
Uden, The Netherlands
“Mediocre”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Enormous portions.
Not all so tasteful. Depressing ambiance. Nice waitress (everything was "Awesome" . You fom Holland? Wow!,, I met somone from Austria once!,,!!,
No espessso machine in a n Italian restaurant??

Visited August 2013
Eastham, Massachusetts
“Not a tourist trap”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Here they do NOT pack you in like sardines! The servers are great, the prices even better. This is a local place, they LIKE you being there. There is no rush to get you out .
The food is very good, and the portions are actually too generous. You will end up taking food home.
The scrod is cooked to perfection, and the sausage dishes are as good as Arthur Ave. in NYC.
The sauce is old style Italian.
Again the service is pas good as it gets. That and the quality of the food, and the prices makes this place something to try.
They can do something about the atmosphere. But outside of that , try it

FL
“Poor italian offerings”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This restaurant puts out some the worst italian food I have ever tasted. We have eaten italian cuisine all over the world and in the U.S. but the pasta tastes like it has been sitting in the pot way too long. The sauce is so bland that it seems it came out of an expired can with no taste what so ever. In the dead of summer there was hardly anyone in the restaurant which should have tipped us off. This is no place on the Cape to take in an italian meal.

Visited September 2012