“Nice, clean and reasonably priced.”
Review of Old Landing Motel

and 1 more site!
Old Landing Motel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice, clean and reasonably priced.”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Close to the beach. David Maslin is a first class motel, owner/manager. Very pleasant stay. The room was clean and comfortable. Make sure you bring your own phone.
The area was quiet. The motel is surrounded by nice cottages with gorgeous gardens.
Nice quiet are for rest and relaxation. There is a pool on the property as well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Canandaigua, NY
Reviewed 18 July 2011

If you are on a budget, this is a great value right by the ocean! We stayed at Old Landing because of the reviews it received here on tripadvisor.com and we weren't disappointed for the money. However, it is a motel, so don't expect hotel accommodations. The rooms were clean (we had two adjoining rooms) as was the bathroom, and the shower was nice and always had hot water. It was a very quick walk to the beach from our rooms, and we could also walk to nearby restaurants. The proprietor, David, was very accommodating and provided helpful information about the Cape. Finally, the cleaning staff was very friendly and did a great job. We practically had to force a tip on our maid, as she wouldn't take the cash we left on the bed for her. If we have any complaints they would be 1) no air conditioning, and 2) You could hear other people/rooms because you had to keep your windows open 3) Mattresses not the greatest.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cam970
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Just got back from a 2 day stay at this motel. If you are looking for Old Cape Cod, with a quiet time this is the place. The rooms are most certainly Cape Cod, hot showers, A/C, quiet, bright colors, walk right around the corner to the beach, you do not have to cross the street. The rooms were very clean. The beach I must say is small, and had lots of seaweed, but I think it was because of a storm that had just passed. It is centrally located, you could walk to the Wee Packet restaurant, about a 20 minute walk and have a great meal. breakfast, lunch or dinner. We had no issues while staying there and the management was very pleasant and accomodating. Hot coffee at 8AM in the front office, boy was that a treat. I would most certainly return and the price was right compared to many, many other places along the beach. You will NOT be disappointed if you are looking for Old Cape Cod!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank charbosrunning
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I knew that the Old Landing was the perfect choice to experience Cape Cod hospitality the minute I walked into the lobby. Being from Missouri, I not only want to hear about it and read about it, I want you to show me! And hospitality, I was shown....

The Old Landing is a delightful step into quaint times when a vacation was an escape away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Right at the end of Sea Street and surrounded by wild roses, blossoming hydrangeas, and interesting iron artworks, the Old Landing offers the perfect homey inn to stop for a few days or as a get away for a relaxing week on the Cape.

Enjoying the beach, just a very short walk down a rose laden path just behind the inn, was so easy to do. Benches located at the top of the bluff over looking the water and beautiful breezes make for a gorgeous sunrise or sunset or anytime to gaze over the water. Soft sand and sea gulls help to sooth, restore, and refresh. . . Stop in the lobby and peruse a small collection of books, which may be a welcome to beach goers.

The rooms are modestly furnished with a very comfortable queen bed and couch/futon, TV with excellent reception, bath/shower, bureau & chest and small refrigerator - all of which are kept meticulously clean. The rooms each have their own air conditioning unit, though I didn't have to use mine as the breeze from the ocean was delightfully cool and refreshing. On the porch are chairs, and other guests are quite friendly and sociable if one chooses to pass time outside the room exchanging stories.

David, the Inn Keeper, both gracious and accommodating, is helpful and knowledgeable with maps, restaurant suggestions, surrounding attractions, and day trips as needed. As an added plus, David offers a delicious cappuccino. One of the best, I must add. And when I thought it couldn't get any better - surprise - Tasty and sweet, hand-dipped chocolate strawberries were a delightful treat, as well.

Dennis Port is a beautiful little town with a lot to offer. I look forward to my next visit to the Old Landing, with its nearby delicious lobster and steamer dinners, a visit to the Sundae School for ice cream, and the beach. Ask me for a relaxing time, and I'll show you the Old Landing!

Show Me Gal
St. Charles, Missouri

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ShowMeGal1
Bridgewater, MA
Reviewed 8 July 2011

My wife and I have stayed several days at Old Landing Motel for several years. The facility is immaculately cleaned each day. We are always greeted by Mr. Maslin with a smile, courtesy and a great cup of coffee. The short walk to the beach is the 'secret' of this place - there is a private area at the Sea Street Beach, therefore access to the warm water and white sands of that side of Cape Cod; personally, since I am a native of the Town of Dennis, I prefer West Dennis Beach; however, I do not miss the thousands of vacationers which seem to take up every square foot of space there. I welcome the peace and quiet - and space - of the Old Landing shoreline. The swimming pool is adequate for our needs [cool off and relax] and is always in great shape: clean and chemically safe. There is no charge for WiFi, and a copy of the Cape Cod Times is available any time in the office. Mr. Maslin takes the time to suggest various kinds of restaurants or local activities, although his phone, e-mail, text messages, and customer needs are at the same time being monitored. So, we are going again this year in August, as part of our 40th wedding anniversary celebration! My wife and I know that we will have a great stay!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Burbank302
Brunswick, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We stay every summer at The Old Landing! David and the staff are so warm and courteous! The rooms are clean, and the motel is nice and close to the beach! We always feel so welcome! We'll be going back again this year...and we can't wait!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank WiesnetFamily
Canandaigua, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Our family had a great time at the Old Landing Motel. It's a very friendly, laid back and safe place, great for families, couples or those travelling on their own. The Sea Street beach is a stone's throw from the motel, the rooms are clean and well-kept, and it's centrally located on the Cape, making it easy to get to wherever you want to go. A bonus: it's a short walk (or super short drive) to Sundae School -- we ate ice cream sundae's every night! David, the innkeeper, is on hand to make sure your stay is a good one and makes fresh brewed coffee, espresso and cappuccino starting at 8am each day, free of charge. (An excellent "perk" to staying here!)

The only small downside is that the Old Landing is across the street from a hotel that plays loud music when hosting wedding receptions. The music didn't go on past 10pm, so it didn't interfere with our schedule, but I could see it being a nuisance to others.

Again, we had GREAT time here, and would definitely come back when staying on the Cape!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
#12 of 19 in Dennis Port
The Garlands
The Garlands
#16 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to Old Landing Motel? Share your experiences!