“Location, Price, and Beauty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Landing Motel

and 1 more site!
Old Landing Motel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Belchertown, Massachusetts, United States
“Location, Price, and Beauty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I just arrived back in Belchertown, Massachusetts from a lovely stay at The Old Landing in Dennis Port, Massachusetts. I spent an hour online searching for a nice, quiet, quality place to stay. I wanted something less expensive, but in my desired location (on the beach). After speaking with David, I said I would call him back when I made a decision.

I called back within ten minutes, and chose to stay there of course. It was the best experience I have ever had staying in any establishment. David was there to greet us personally, unlike many other establishments where an employee is left in charge. The Ocean View room was beautiful, however, I was somewhat picky and requested an air-conditioned room. Even though it wasn't necessary with the breeze.

It was beautiful to be able to walk out the door, and down to the beach at anytime. It was so unusually clean! In Western Massachusetts we don't have any reasonably priced establishments that are also kept very clean. All the bedding was washed daily, and yes it included the comforter that many other establishments don't wash daily.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

We have been staying at the Old Landing for many years. We live on the opposite side of the country and don't get there as often as we like. This is an older motel that the owners David and Danielle have kept spotless and comfortable. The price is fantastic for the location. The beach is near and a perfect place to base yourself from. The Cape is 65 miles long and this is close to the middle so park your suitcase and explore.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I needed a few days away from it all to study for an exam. I read the reviews and picked the Old Landing hoping to find comfort and solitude at the beach. It was all that and so much more! Having the Old Landing snack bar open in September was also a delight. I never had to leave the property. Morning coffee, PM lobster roll and high speed Internet access made my stay absolutely perfect. Next time..... no books, just beach!....

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Kaitlynlannan
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We just returned from a one week getaway atone of the Old Landing cottages in Dennisport,MA.It's a great quiet,secluded and secret spot.Our cottage was about 100' from a newly remodeled pool and 200 or so feet from the Sea St. beach.We stayed in a 2 BR 1 bath cottage with a large deck and BBQ,washer,dryer and new lounge furniture.The unit was spotless and the kitchen included all the necessary amenities.the kids enjoyed the flat screen TV and wireless access.The pool area was quiet and very enjoyable and the motel guests were all friendly.A great place to relax after some time at the beach.The Old Landing snack bar near the beach was a bargain($12 for a lobster roll) and a slice of chocolate cake afterward.We combined that with a free cappuccino at the Old Landing motel,served most graciously by the owner.We'll definitely be returning.What a jewel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul L
Chambersburg, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My daughters and I stayed at the Old Landing Motel in August and were very pleased with the place. The location was great and the innkeeper was always friendly and helpful. As others have said, it's not luxurious but clean and simple. Most important, very close to a lovely beach. I was worried about the stair down to the beach but the way they were laid out with landings made it not too difficult.
Recommend the place to anyone who just wants a nice, casual place in an excellent location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bookcat95
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Clean, reasonable and great location! The owner is very friendly and extremely helpful. We are already looking forward to a return visit.
The beach was steps away from our room and in very close proximity to some nice restaurants and a great ice cream place. The owner, David had fresh, brewed coffee every morning that was better than you could get out.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had reservations to stay for a long weekend at The Old Landing. My family used to vacation in Dennisport and this was to be my first time back in about 20 years. I was so excited! This trip was originally intended to be a surprise for my wife, who was almost 8 months pregnant. The week before we were to head to the Cape, my wife's doctor told her that she was absolutely not allowed to travel. I contacted David at the Old Landing to let him know we would not able to make our reservation...He couldn't have been any nicer, more professional or more considerate. He told me that he would go above and beyond to try to fill our spot so that he could refund my deposit. Well, "above and beyond" is exactly what he did! He continued to email me, checking in and refunded my entire deposit. What a guy! We will definitely be booking next summer's vacation at The Old Landing! Can't wait!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
#12 of 19 in Dennis Port
The Garlands
The Garlands
#16 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to Old Landing Motel? Share your experiences!