Kingfisher Oceanside
Pelham House(Dennis Port)
US$82
US$279
Orbitz.com
Edgewater Beach Resort(Dennis Port)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$136
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
The Cutty Sark(Dennis Port)
TripAdvisor
Hotelpower.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Garlands(Dennis Port)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe ownercape coddelicious coffeesea ststeamerssmall fridgeice creamnew englandcomfy bedoff seasoncappuccinodavidfutonbeachoceanofficesummer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We recently spent a few nights on Cape Cod and selected The Old Landing for it's location and fair price .The motel is cleaned daily and is nice but not fancy . The motel backs right onto a beach that is quite private and provides a great place to enjoy the waves and relax . The Dennis area has lots to do and great places to eat and shop nearby .There is even a small cafe steps from the motel that sells the most delicious homemade almond scones and blueberry cornbread muffins . We took David the innkeeper's advice and drove the coast road up to P-town and really enjoyed the picturesque towns we drove through . A good tip would be to get to P-town early or the place is jammed and parking is hard to find. Most enjoyable was David's coffee which was custom brewed and provided time to chat with him .David is a very kind and interesting guy and it is clear he loves his customers !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank laurie2pugs
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed in an ocean front room over a month ago and now finally getting around to writing this. I was highly disappointed in our stay and wished I had spent a little more money and stayed somewhere else.

The negatives:
1 The wifi that is advertised is not accessible from the ocean view rooms.
2. The ocean view rooms do not have air conditioning (which we knew), but this resulted in a very musty smelling carpet, dresser (don't try to put clothes in there), and futon. Also, you need to keep the windows open all night which made me a little nervous.
3. There are no outlets in the bathroom and very few in the room. The lights flickered constantly, so I'm certain it's a very dated electrical service.
4. No phone
5. No microwave. There's no point in bringing back left overs if you can't heat them up.
6. No coffee maker. Dave, the inn keeper will make a cup of espresso or coffee, but he's not always in the office and probably couldn't keep up with my coffee addiction.
7. The mattress!! Ugh. This was the worst part of my stay. The mattress had springs sticking up and I actually opted to sleep on the mildew smelling futon (wrapped in blankets) with a bar in my back over the bed by the second night. My husband, who never has back pain, was in misery.

The positives:
1. The location - just steps from the beach.
2. The cleanliness of the room. Honestly, one of the cleanest rooms I've stayed in.

I know a lot of reviewers commented on Dave, the innkeeper, as being fantastic, but I didn't share the same experience. He just seemed to be miserable. Maybe he's burned out, but a little updating to the rooms, new mattresses, a better wifi service, a microwave and/or an ac unit would make a world of a difference for this hotel. You can tell that he hasn't updated a thing in those rooms for years. If he cared for his property, he would put a little tlc into it. Trust me, it shows.

I read these reviews prior to booking here and I wasn't expecting the world, but a good night's sleep on a decent mattress would have made a world of a difference in how I viewed this property. Hopefully he reads these reviews and will take these suggestions into consideration for future guests. I'm certain we will not be back.

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Traveler_3277
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We just returned from spending a few days on the Cape.
The Old Landing is a great place to stay if you desire a true Cape experience. The location (steps from the beach) was great as was the hospitality on property. The owner David offered some great tips on eating locally, which were great. You really need to try the Wooden Shoe !
Most of all, this is not a fancy property, but it is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at, in all my years of travel !
Thanks for a great experience.

Room Tip: An ocean view is a plus
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cambridgepoint
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We came from western Mass to enjoy the ocean with our 6 and 10 year old
The easy walk to the beach made everyone very happy. The sea breeze in the morning was wonderful! The motel has a clean, familily friendly atmosphere for a great familiy vacation!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank CesarArambula
Reviewed 15 July 2014

After spending 5 nights at the Old Landing I feel very qualified to write an accurate description and give a sense of the place. Located in Dennis Port, the motel provided central, easy access to all areas of the Cape. My preference is towards quieter locations and the warm beach right behind the motel didn't attract the overwhelming hoards of people that other beaches do so often. With the second floor room at the rear of the motel, the ocean view added to both the pleasure and privacy of the stay.

David the owner is extremely hospitable, and conversation was plentiful and fun!

The room itself reminded me of the simple summer house that was comfortable enough but ultimately acted more as a home base of which you'd leave and go out to the beach or explore the Cape. If you are looking for a chain motel feel this will not appeal to you. Better to see the Old Landing for what it is... a superbly located, clean, affordable motel that is simple and comfortable!

The only caution is that if you tend to sleep in, the room will not get completely dark and daylight will penetrate the curtains and blinds to some extent. Best to bring an eye mask if this bothers you. Or even better get up early and enjoy the day!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple