“Too Bad.”

Harwich, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too Bad.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have heard mixed opinions around work and town about the South Street Depot so my son and I decided to try it tonight. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess that sat us at a window and then after sitting down we were greeted by one of the cooks who came over to our table. Our waitress, who was very pleasant, came over and took our drink orders (lemon-ade and mountain dew). My son ordered buffalo wings and steak fajitas. I ordered the salad bar, at an additional cost of $6.00 (one time visit-all you can eat was $12.00)and steak tips medium well with mashed potato and vegetable(carrots). Buffalo wings were more like sweet and spicy (hot) served with 4 celery sticks and soufflé cup of blue cheese dressing. Fajitas were served with 4 small flour tortillas, a little cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa. The steak was okay but needed seasoning, lots of grilled onions and peppers. My tips were okay, they were tender but lacked flavor. The carrots and mashed potatoes were luke warm. While eating our meal we were approached by another cook, who smelled like he just had a cigarette, to ask if everything was okay. THEN we were approached by another staff member saying how good everything looked and that he wished he had what my son had because he was hungry and it smelled so good. I get the checking on you to make sure everything is okay but there is such a thing as over kill. The total bill came to $55.00 and some change not including tip with tip $65.00. I see this turning more into a bar than a dining establishment. Too Bad...

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Patron1234

Chatham, Massachusetts
“Just opened,,,, wonderful new addition to the area”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This pub style restaurant just opened yesterday, It is owned and operated by the folks that own the Oyster Company which is next door.
Being the first day open, the were the expected "glitches" in the service. Although, the owners and experienced staff made sure that each patron was treated as a special person.
I was part of a group of about 20 people who frequently dine in this area. To a person, we were all delighted at the facility, menu, quality and quantity of the food and beverages.
We dined on practically every offering on the menu.
Everything came out of the kitchen promptly, even though they were slammed with patrons. The triple decked burger was AMAZING. The onion rings were delicious, although a bit greasy. The only item that did not get raves was the clam fritters, reports were they were heavy, dry, and lacking flavor. The fish offerings were again, excellent and fresh.
The bar area seat about 30-35. Plus there are high tops scattered all over. Large new TV's are in abundance. New bright fresh restrooms..
All and all, this is a breath of fresh air in this section of the cape.

• Visited May 2014