“Great place to relax”
Review of By the Sea Guests

By the Sea Guests
Ranked #2 of 8 Dennis Port B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Just spent another week at By the Sea, we try to make one trip a year since we found the B&B many years ago, we keep going back because the location is great but the B&B is clean, friendly and the breakfast is great. Helen and the staff are warm and friendly and we feel like we are visiting friends. I think they went out of their way this year and even ordered good weather for us. Can't wait for next year.

Room Tip: Room 308 on the top floor has a great view and is very quite. Leave the windows open a little at ni...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed at By the Sea this past weekend and it was a wonderful experience. The room was spotless, We slept better than we do at home. The breakfast was superb and the friendliness of the people working the breakfast was just great. By the time we left we felt like friends with the staff. We were treated wonderfully and totally taken care of. We would definitely go back and fully intend to do so next year. I would give them a 5 star rating !!

Ed and Sharon Bakker

Room Tip: We stayed in room 205 on the second floor. Very quiet !!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My wife and I went up to the Cape on the spur of the moment. Was glad to get a reservation at By The Sea. The place is immaculate. Everyone was great and the Breakfast was wonderfull. Right on the water. What else can you ask for.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnoniaDon
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed here 3 nights in August 2012 because all the places I wanted to stay were fully booked. I can't believe we payed over $437.00 per night for this place. The room (202) was extremely cramped, the bathroom had problems the least important of which was lack of space and the whole place left a lot to be desired.
The location is good on the Cape since it's easy to see the whole Cape in a few days.
The private beach is a very small beach, the width of which corresponds to little more than the width of the house and the water was very dirty and uninviting.
Breakfast was only adequate.
Although we had no issues with the staff, as mentioned in other reviews, I would not want to stay here again. It is highly overpriced and definitely not worth it.

2  Thank Jill7394u48
Reviewed 22 August 2012

One can only wish that they would be presented with the amenities and comfort afforded them at "By the Sea Guests" whenever they would travel. The accommodations are immaculate, like IMMACULATE. My house should be so clean. Breakfast there is delicious. Each day is different, crepes, strata, sausages, raspberries,melon, blintzes. The only way it could be better is if the calories would vaporize. But then for those who wish to restrain themselves, there is a plethora of the scant caloric cereals at ones place setting. I do not adhere to that mantra. Nor does our family. They recognize delicious when placed before them . As one dines, their view of the Atlantic is not obstructed. There is just an occasional gull hunting its' repast. The location of "By the Sea Guests" is great for those who wish to visit journey to historic haunts all within an afternoon drive. One could also utilize the well orchestrated bike trails.And then there is the shopping.Yes the shopping.All the local churches who have resale shops have the where with all to have a brochure listing their location,days and hours of operation.Often there are various art shows great craft exhibits to explore. Then one can take up just the simplistic pleasure of people watching, or seal watching at the local dock, perhaps at Chatham. Chatham is where "Jaws" was filmed. This little town has its own torsade of great retail. When you have walked and visited even half the shops, then and only then you could think possibly of dinner. All this info is available at "By the Sea " office, Marie and Helen always can direct you towards your interest. They are as wonderful and pleasant as could be.This is why we have spent the last five August vacations there even though we have a tropical retreat that we use wintertime.Alas I have recently finished unpacking,all those treasures and am thinking of our next venture there. I wonder how delicious the fall air is "By the Sea"?

Room Tip: Each room has its own charm, use the virtual room scape on the web site.
1  Thank karenBainbridgeOhio
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was thrilled to be able to stay here with my family, which was a last moments notice trip for me. The food was amazing--- breakfasts were delicious (I took pictures of each meal they were so good), plentiful, all with perfect presentation and very hospitable service staff. Equally wonderful was the view every morning on the veranda where all the guests would eat. The owners and staff were the most genuine, generous people and really put that extra zest into the vacation.
We spent the whole week and I was pleased and impressed to find how immaculate the whole place is, including the guest restroom on the beach front to the perfectly raked sandy beach each morning. All the comforts of hotel service and dining service were wonderful. I felt as if I was at a home away from home.

side note:
As for the earlier post from some whiney guest- chances are a lack of manners and an abundance of arrogance and ignorance fuel what ever garbage she posted. Please disregard that nonsense.... Not everyone can be a winner.
The chef that made our breakfast was certainly polite and even kind enough to make accomodations to those whom I know had dietary restrictions. My mouth is still watering it was all so good!

I met other wonderful guests while vacationing there also. Many people from the local Boston area, Canada and Europe, all who I could say were enjoying their stay as much as I. In fact, I would say half of the people I met had already been there in the prior 3-5 years multiple times.
It is a wonderful thing to be able to walk out to the veranda in the morning, have a cup of coffee (the Keurig is always on and ready to go 24/7-!!) and go for a refreshing morning walk on the beach then sit down to a heavenly breakfast.

The beds are so comfortable, the decor sets the perfect back drop to the vacation you want to have with crisp sheets, spotless bathrooms and a beautiful view even if your room is not beach front. You definately feel catered to when staying here with out feeling overwhelmed.

Truely this is money well spent, everything is attractive, clean, lovely service, friendly clientele, I would certainly return. Simply said, its wonderful.
I will post pictures soon enough.... those breakfasts....mmmmmmmm ;)
Thank You Helen & Marie!!!

Room Tip: Each room is different, look at the website, bytheseaguests.com... then you will see what would be b...
1  Thank Annie P
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We are here for a long weekend. We arrived VERY early, but that wasn't a problem, our room was ready (307). The ladies in the office were friendly and accommodating. The rooms are on the small side, but nicely appointed and clean. Our room had a queen bed, a mini fridge, an ocean view and a 3/4 bath.

Breakfast is included and offers breads, cereals, granola, fresh Greek yogurt, juice an coffee, and then they bring you the serving of the day; today was French toast with chicken sausage, it was very good, although my husband thought they used too much caramel sauce/syrup on the French toast and altogether too much "extra" stuff: there was a dollop of whipped cream with blueberries, and a wonderful slice of a raspberry cream cheese that I thought was heavenly with everything.

They have free wi-fi, but the whole first day it wasnt working, after breakfast on the second day we inquired about it, they said they'd get someone to look into within 15 minutes... It got fixed and we had Internet!

Their private beach is small but great, they have chaise lounges, so there's no need to lug them from home like we did!

This is our second stay at By the Sea, and I really enjoy being here, it's very pleasant and relaxing.

Room Tip: Splurge for a room with a view....
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Pelham House
Pelham House
#13 of 19 in Dennis Port
An English Garden Bed and Breakfast

Been to By the Sea Guests? Share your experiences!