“Wowzer!”
Review of By the Sea Guests

By the Sea Guests
Ranked #2 of 8 Dennis Port B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I will start right off by saying that I can't wait to go back, to this beautiful and peaceful bed and breakfast. I have never stayed at a place that was so clean, and had such terrific hosts. The little touches, that are missing from many places today, added so much to our visit.
The beach is as clean as the rooms-it is raked every day. I mean, how cool is that!! My sisters and I were there to celebrate my mom's 86th birthday, and they were so accommodating. The location was excellent-so close to shopping, eating, and beaching. The closed in deck, where you eat breakfast and can hang out all day, if you'd like, is perfect. Windows all around!
Love, love, love~~

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is our third time at the By The Sea, primarily because it has two two bedroom suites with a full kitchen. With another couple we just wanted to get away for the weekend for our anniversary and wanted to cook our breakfasts and dinners, so this worked out fine. The bedrooms are very comfortable and the balcony off the suites overlooks the Atlantic. I would imagine these suites sell out quickly in the summer, but in the winter are fantastic as well. The staff was friendly and helpful and more importantly laughed at my jokes. The weekend flew by and was thoroughly enjoyable. Definitely a good value for the money and right on the ocean as a bonus.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had a wonderful time at By The Sea. The room was very clean, comfortable and well cared for. The breakfast was fantastic! This Bed & Breakfast is right on the beach, very clean, well kept and super enjoyable. It is in a great location that gives both privacy and convenience. The Owners & staff are so friendly. We enjoyed our stay and would go back! Wish we could have stayed longer.

1  Thank ShowMeMo1
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here in early October - were only going to stay one night but decided soon after arrival to stay an extra. What a wonderful B&B. So friendly, welcoming and homely. Lovely extra little touches like fresh baked cakes, fruit, tea & coffee available all day. Gorgeous deck overlooking the beach to eat breakfast on and the most beautiful fresh, plentiful breakfasts. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband wanted to stay somewhere "on the beach" in February two years ago. Most of the places on the Cape that are on the beach are not open that early. The Chamber of Commerce recommended "By the Sea" and we have been frequent guests ever since! The owners have become like family to us, very kind, thoughtful and helpful. The suites are lovely, a view of the ocean from every porch/deck, a gas burning fireplace which is so comforting when you just want to sit and relax. The beach is always right there for your enjoyment, whether to walk on, swim in or just sit and enjoy the view. Although there is a full kitchenette, I am not crazy about cooking while on a vacation, therefore we buy a few things to snack on and enjoy our meals out. We have stayed in 2 of the suites and find them very comfortable, always clean and really the "perfect get-away". Our friends wonder why we go to the Cape so often..."By The Sea" is the reason. We highly recommend a stay there. We have never stayed in the bed and breakfast part, but it must be just as lovely. Helen, Marie, Jean and the entire staff are there to make your visit the best!! We just stayed there a week ago and are already planning an early spring get-away!!

Room Tip: The suite closest to the main road is the one we prefer, nice breeze into the bedroom from the windo...
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Once again my wife and I had a wonderful stay at By the Sea! It is such a warm and quiet place to get away and relax. The entire staff is full of smiles and kindness and goes above and beyond to make our stay perfect. We will be back again next year!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in a suite room... But apparently bed & breakfast doesn't really apply. Breakfast isn't included if you reserve a suite!!!! Why not?! Upon complaining I was told breakfast doesn't come with room in a suite because our room had a kitchenette. Why would I want to make breakfast on vacation? Just add the cost of breakfast to my room charge and not tell me. It only ticks me off! Also, no shampoo or conditioner in the rooms! That is quite Cheap, spend the quarter and get repeat visitors! Place was clean but dated.... Replace the dirty throw pillows and disgusting rugs and the place would look 100% better.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Pelham House
Pelham House
#13 of 19 in Dennis Port
An English Garden Bed and Breakfast

Been to By the Sea Guests? Share your experiences!