“Not Impressed By Broiled Dinners”
Review of Original Seafood

Original Seafood
Ranked #9 of 47 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Love the atmosphere of this vintage Cape Cod counter eatery so went for a second consecutive year even though we stay away from fried food. Last year, our broiled fish dinners were excellent. This year, they were mediocre at best. The overdone spices prevented me from even tasting the fish much to judge how fresh it was. It also left a burning aftertaste in the mouths of both me and my wife. This establishment is a bit pricey for a casual eatery where you pick up your own food but last year it seemed worth it. This year, it didn't, at least for the broiled entrees we always have. Must admit though that you probably go here for the fried fish and chips as it appears that 80 percent of the others had plates full.

2  Thank dopplersmash

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

It's hard to find businesses still in business that began in the 50's but this one has survived for good reason. Great food, Good Prices, Great People.

Having recently moved with plumbing yet undone, I headed to the Dennisport Automatic Coin Laundry to wash a ton of clothes. After feeding the coins to the machines, I dashed off for a quick bite.

I saw a sign that indicated the food was chargrilled and was instantly sold on the place. I rarely order fried food but perhaps I was delirious from bleach fumes; I suddenly felt that if I didn't order onion rings soon, I'd die.

Luckily, the pleasant cashier knew the menu and helped me verbalized my cravings. I ended up with the juiciest grilled chicken teriyaki breast that literally melted in my mouth. The onion rings are an old family recipe and more than lived up to the reputation I heard from other guests.

The setting is simple, nothing fancy, but immaculate. That goes a long way in my book.

Kids are welcome and will love that they serve ice cream for dessert. Whether you're a tourist or a local, it's fast, fresh, and fabulous!

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

When it comes to seafood, I like casual places with reasonable prices and high quality, fresh products. I value the products over the atmosphere (especially because I'm bringing my family with me most of the time which includes kids). This is where Original Seafood stands apart from many other restaurants of this type. Yes, their seafood is high quality and fresh (they also have a casual atmosphere). But they ALSO have reasonable prices with extremely large portions to go along with the fresh quality. Because of all these things, IMHO I consider them one of the best all around for these 3 reasons: fresh/quality product, reasonable pricing and large portions. That's a perfect combination. Here's what we ate - all of which I would order again without hesitation: chowder, clam strips, shrimp, fries and onion rings. The chowder, clam strips and shrimp were some of the best I've ever had. While I didn't go there for the onion rings (I didn't know they had them), they too were the best I've ever had. We will definitely be returning to this hidden gem of a restaurant.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Very casual, very fried, very good - sometimes the simplest things are the best. The menu does include some lighter options with non-fried sides, but why come here for that? I had the fried haddock, very fresh and cooked to perfection. The sides with the fried food are french fries and onion rings (did I mention fried?) which is a bit excessive. The onion rings were excellent and the fries tasty as well but just more than we could eat...

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Yum! We ran in here for a quick late night bite on a Sat night. It was so crispy fried yet juicy delicious seafood that we came back the next day. Our fave was the chipotle shrimp wrap packed with crunchy fried plump shrimp coated in a smoky creamy chipotle sauce. Fantastic! We also enjoyed the fried clam strips. The onion rings had been well reviewed so we tried them. Less batter, thin onion strip styled vs big fat battered style. We would definitely return.