“Average food, good price, good service, dated interior”
Review of The Village Inn

The Village Inn
Ranked #8 of 76 Restaurants in Dracut
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013

There aren't many choices for dining in Dracut, this is one of them. We stopped in at 6pm on the weekend.

The kitsch country looking interior is dated to the 70s, but seating is comfortable.

Service was attentive and pleasant.

I had the prime rib small cut. It was done very well and the highlight of the meal.

I asked for double vegetables instead of potato, but received the standard order. If the vegetables were good I would have complained, but there was no need. The vegetables looked like they had been sitting on the stove for hours. The carrots were mushy, squash was clear and bland. You could have put them through a strainer and feed them to the baby. Maybe they cater to a more elderly crowd with fewer teeth?

The filet mignon was cooked properly, but was not very tender and flavored with some type of grill spice that detracted from what flavor there was in the meat. Vegetables were from the same bucket that mine were from.

There are better choices with in 5 miles of this establishment. I recommend you enjoy the ride.

1  Thank Mr_Firestone

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Brought my mother and 2 daughters for supper. Great, efficient service. Food was very good with big helpings. We all brought left overs home. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae was a huge hit!! Planning on going again with my husband in the near future.

2  Thank ALF0590
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We frequently go to The Village inn. Constantly want to try something different on the menu..I have been unsuccessful, as The Prime Rib is PERFECTION. The staff is very friendly, responsive, and knowledgeable. The only issue I have ever had is Friday and Saturday Nights, too many people are aware of the quality and quantity of the food. Even with a Reservation you will experience wait times between 6-7 pm. Definitely worth the wait.

1  Thank Weevaluate
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We've been dining at the village inn since we moved to dracut 2 years ago. I grew up in Methuen about 3 miles away and never knew they were there. Besides Dracut isn't known as a restaurant destination, but everytime we go the food is always excellent. They know what they are and are not trying to be anything different. There steak tips are by far the best I've ever eaten their full of flavor and tender. My companion loves the prime rib he orders it med and it comes out perfect everytime, tender, juicy and the au jus compliments the rib perfectly. My go to dish is the steak tips and baked scallops. the scallops alway taste fresh and have that ocean sweetness. The atmosphere is relaxed with a homey feel could use a few updates but im comfortable there. All in all you can't beat the food for the value a must try....

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Live somewhat near the restaurant, but never bothered to go. Wanted somewhere different for Mother's Day dinner without a limited menu. We had resesrvations for 5:30 (we were a couple minutes late) and they sat us right away and had a highchair ready for my 9 mo grand-daughter. Waitress was young but very pleasant and attentive. The party of 4 adults ordered Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Swordfish and Tips/Scallops. Everyone was pleased with their meal and Cesar salads. No room for dessert. Half of the prime rib ended up in a take home, because it was so large. Restaurant is nothing fancy, kind of out-dated, but we didn't want fancy, just somewhere decent to eat. On the way home I was wondering why I never bothered!!!