“Revising My First Review” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Duxbury Tall Pines

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duxbury
Duxbury Tall Pines
Ranked #1 of 3 Duxbury B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Revising My First Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

After reading my other review, I realize that it is more negative than I thought.This is a really nice place to stay and the owners are very nice and accommodating. The surroundings and breakfasts were wonderful.The price is right, too.
It was really my fault in a way that our stay was not as comfortable as it could have been. We were offered the suite when making the reservations, but since there were 6 of us and since there is only one bathroom in the suite, I felt it would be better to have separate baths, but that was wrong, Once we arrived I realized the suite would have been the right place for us. but it was too late as a family member of the owners was already using it.We stayed during July 4th week and the owners had a lot of their family staying at the Inn as well.
I recommend it highly for small groups and couples.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Moe9

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Thank you so so much for having me and my sons at your lovely home in July. Next time I will stay an entire week. Wish I would have stayed with you our entire trip. I fell in love with your home and with you both and your family. You are such warm, lovely accommodating hosts! My kids were sad to leave the place and your breakfast.....THAT is love on a plate. Watching how happy you guys are makes me want to buy a B&B and do this too! I simply cannot say enough good things about you and your place! I do hope this review does not lead to me not getting my room again in the future!

Room Tip: Anything is great, a quiet, beautiful, loving place all around
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mommisalami
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

We made a great choice when we chose to stay with Bart and Shirley. We loved our time spent there. The beautiful outdoor breakfast area by the waterpond garden was delightful. We spend evenings using the pool and hot tub and enjoyed sharing stories with the hosts. Food was delicious. It was great to be so close to so many places, we made day trips to Boston, Plymouth, Provincetown, Cape Cod. Highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CLK155004
Rock Hill, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

We had a wonderful experience at Tall Pines. We both said if we could give it 6 (or more) stars we would. Bart is a gourmet cook, and Shirley is a hard working doll. Breakfasts were superb and the atmosphere was superb. Both Bob and Shirley did absolutely everything they could to; make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Just Wow..... We loved it.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms. Every room has a comfortable bed.
1 Thank DeanHey
Owen Sound, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Had a great time in the area, and came "home" to stay in this beautiful B&B. Shirley and Bart were there for us the entire time, and recommended the best place to get local seafood. The room was spotless, had great A/C and a ceiling fan. Breakfast was fantastic and set outdoors beside a garden waterfall... the pool was always available (and I think there was a hot tub too!). Please ignore negative posts... the information given there isn't even true (each room has a private bath). Would return there tomorrow if we could! Thanks Shirley and Bart!

1 Thank Tammy K
Cranston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

This is our second year at Tall Pines. What a great place to spend a long weekend. We are only one hour away but we feel so far away! Shirley and Bart are great- they cater to all your needs. The food is excellent and the rooms are immaculate. There is everything you need at Tall Pines. They also take the time to sit and chat with you.
We will def. be back next year. We will be calling you to book our next visit. Thanks so much for such an enjoyable stay! See you soon.
Kathy and Ron Crudele

Room Tip: Everything is just great, every room is perfect. Let them know what you want and they will accomodat...
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

My wife and I were blessed when we had the opportunity to stay at the Tall Pine Inn located in Duxbury, MA. From the time our communications began, I had a good feeling, but the treatment, accommodations and breakfasts far surpassed my expectations.

Bart and Shirley did everything they could do to make our stay delightful! The grounds have beautiful gardens, a pond and stream and the setting is peaceful… the inside is nicely decorated… and, the breakfasts are fresh daily and very tasty…. all this for a modest cost!

There are many things that impressed us. I will mention a few here:
• This is an old fashion bed and breakfast—by this I mean guests actually live in the home of
the owners Bart and Shirley Webber.
• Hot breakfasts and each one was different and very tasty.
• I have Celiac Disease which means I can’t eat wheat, rye, or barley. Shirley purchased
gluten free bread, granola and waffles. Gluten free items cost double—and Shirley did not
charge extra. When I told her I did not expect all this--her question was, “Are you worth it.”
•To be sure my food was kept separate-- they put it on different colored plates and either Bart
or Shirley would personally hand it to me.
• On the day we had waffles they served real Maple Syrup.
• Each morning in addition to the hot serving, we had yogurt, fresh fruit and granola.
• Each person receives their own individual graffe of orange juice.
• Bart and Shirley work as a team to prepare the food.
• On the warmer mornings we were served outside next to the pond and brook. I loved
listening to sound of the water! It was so relaxing!
• If you forget something, they have toothpaste and brushes, shaving cream, razors, shampoo,
bath soap both liquid and bar readily available in each bathroom… and, a five-star hotel
touch—robes are available.

We were going to be on the road for a month so I was looking to reduce cost wherever I could and yet have quality. When I first called Shirley she told me her rooms are small. One of the upstairs rooms has a queen size bed so that is the one I reserved. The room was about what I expected; however, Shirley upgraded us to the suite at no extra charge. She said she wanted to this because of the length of our stay and because the suite was available. Let me tell you about this suite. There are two sleeping areas, a living room and kitchen complete with dishes, silverware, glasses, coffee maker, refrigerator, hot plate and micro wave. The living room is equipped with a comfortable sofa, a large television and a DVD player. If you are fortunate enough to reserve this area it has a private entrance and the owners provide you with a key so you can secure the area in your absence.

We are already planning a trip to this area and when we return we will be staying at the Duxbury Tall Pines Inn! Bart and Shirley Webber’s attention to detail, service, breakfast, peaceful setting, accommodations and value make it the choice for us.

John Dickmann

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duxbury
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay
BEST WESTERN Rockland
BEST WESTERN Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland
Hampton Inn & Suites Plymouth
The Inn at Scituate Harbor
Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth

Been to Duxbury Tall Pines? Share your experiences!