“Very good food and service!”

Thai House Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Description: Telephone: (774) 745-7800 Open Mon-Sun 11:30 Am to 9:00 PM
Spencer, Massachusetts
“Very good food and service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I have eaten at The Thai Restaurant several times, and we've always enjoyed the meal. They're seldom crowded, which means no waiting line. It seems like many of their customers are "take-out" customers. They have only a beer & wine license, so we each had a glass of wine. We also split an appetizer, an order of shrimp fried rice, and the cashew chicken. There was plenty for both of us. For dessert, we split the fried bananas (always a good choice) - it was just enough to finish off our meal with our tea/coffee. Our bill came to about $43.00. We were very satisfied and will be returning.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank travelbug0807

Wareham, Massachusetts
“just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I was really excited when this restaurant first opened, I love Thai food. But, the portions aren't as good as other places and I have come to think that it is overpriced for what they give you. Just my opinion.

Visited April 2012
Amherst, Massachusetts
“I'd give it 3.5 stars if that was an option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

I found it hard to rate but 3.5 stars overall seems about right. I only tried one dish as I had already eaten and was still hungry but just a little. I had the Pad See You.

But first things first, I walk in and the Hostess was not Thai but a girl with dyed red hair. That's fine of course, but I was starting to wonder a bit about authenticity of the food. I know, I'm bad. She seemed nice enough at first, suggesting I could sit at the bar. I told her I was going to get take-out and she asked soon after if I wanted a drink or something. When I said no, and said I needed more time to decide, she seemed aggravated and did not talk to me again, even though I was standing up and looking her way once I was ready.

A really young-looking Thai guy took my order and seemed pleasant enough. The order arrived in 5-10 minutes as he said it would. As a side note, it was a Saturday night but there was only a handful of people there, which concerned me too. Well, when I took the food home, it seemed bland or cafeteria-style at first and was wondering if this is really authentic Thai. It tasted better the second time I had it. To be fair, I think I had a cold and that was wearing off more the second time. So in retrospect, I would rate the food NOT as "Wow this is delicious and some of the best food I ever had!", as 5 stars would indicate. It was good, maybe on the verge of very good, but not that good. I was debating 3 or 4 stars, so I would say 3.5. The atmosphere was really nice, but not jaw-dropping spectacular or anything. I'd go back and I'd reccomend this to a friend, it is a small town after all and this is the best food in that town with about 3 options. I would give a slight edge to Chef Sau's in Spencer though.

Warren, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,628 helpful votes
“Excellent Thai Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2010

I've eaten at Thai House Restaurant six or seven times now. The decor is simple and direct with pleasant lighting and Thai artwork and art objects around the room. There is seating for perhaps 50 people.

The menu is extensive and the food seems much more authentic than other local Thai restaurants. I've recently tried the Bangkok House Sampler appetizer, the sate with satisfying peanut sauce, the spicy mussels, fish cakes, and golden cups. The Tom Yum hot and sour soup is fragrant and quite good.

Entrees range from many curries to noodles to seafood. I've tried the Pad Thai, the Lemon Shrimp, the Massaman Curry, another curry called Hot Ocean that included lots of seafood. I liked the Pattaya Medallion seafood medley and the Basil Calamari very much. And a friend ordered the Thai House Duck which looked quite good.

Parking can be limited, so park across the street in a side street next to the car dealership. Service is friendly and attentive and the staff is eager to help in choosing from the menu. I highly recommend this restaurant as the best Thai food in the Brookfield/Spencer area.

1 Thank redeco