“amazing staff, awesome stay”

and 1 more site!
Sesuit Harbor House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Dennis
Reviewed 24 June 2012

we came here as guests of a wedding. the owners were among the friendliest people i've ever met, the staff were also extremely friendly. the rooms were very cute, quite cape-like, clean and comfy. the showers were tiny but that didn't impact our satisfaction. the owners were extraordinarily kind and helpful, pointing out local attractions, giving directions, took our pics before the wedding, offered ammenities like iron/board, whatever we needed. we would definitely come back on a regular vacation!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Valerie K

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Nice place to stay - clean and with lots of love and home made cakes B-)

Reviewed 20 June 2012

we stayed in the cottage that they own, and we were treated very well . looked after, and it felt like home straight away. I would certianly recommend it to others. Jim and kim are great hosts.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I had just finished my graduate studies at Cambridge and was looking for a place to stay by the beach for a quick day-long vacation before heading back home, since my son loves beaches. I stayed at the Sesuit Harbor House (http://www.sesuitharborhouse.com/) (SHH) together with my wife and 2.5 year old son. I had decided on this place after noting the good reviews on TripAdvisor. So here comes another one!

We took a bus to Hyannis from Boston South Station and then took a taxi to SHH. We arrived around noon and left next day morning by bus. Despite the short stay, I must say the trip was made memorable by the personal touch of the hosts - Jim and Kim. Some highlights:
1. Most places in Cape Code require a 3-night minimum stay. Kim made an exception for us when I explained our situation to her.
2. We found the rate (~USD 170 for a room with two queen sized beds and all standard amenities) good value for money. It's about 2 miles from the nearest beach and has a nice pool. The place itself is tastefully decorated. The main building is over 200 years old!
3. Kim and Jim recognized us the moment we arrived and were most gracious. Besides making polite conversation, they gave us a lot of information about the places to see and eat close by. We didn't have to ask for anything after that introduction. The room had adequate space, was clean, had lots of towels and good Internet connectivity.
4. Noting our tight schedule, Jim offered to drive us to the beach and later picked us up as well. We were especially grateful for the pick up on the way back since it had begun to drizzle a bit and we were struggling to get a cab back. Walking back was going to be difficult, given that we had to carry our 2-and-a-half year old and had no umbrellas. On the drive back, Jim was kind enough to drive us around the locality, giving us a feel for the history of the place.
5. In the evening, they also offered to drive us to the Marshside (http://www.themarshside.com) - a fine dining restaurant close by. Do check out this place!

I would definitely go back. What would I do differently?
1. The next time, I would plan stay for at least a few days.
2. But more importantly, choose days with sunny weather. Cloudy weather isn't good enough - the water's cold, the wind chilly, with very few tourists by the beaches.
3. Plan to drive or bike. Most places to see are within a few miles of each other - well within driving/biking distance. The taxi service is pretty unreliable and no public transport

In summary, despite the chilly conditions, our hosts' warmth more than made up for it!

Alex

Room Tip: If you're with family take the room with two queen-sized beds.
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This place is a treasure..... very clean and neat....owners were terrific...We had a super time. I thought it was reasonably priced. Plenty of towels and extra pillows without even asking... I would recommend to everyone.. Hope to come back again soon!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KREM825
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I live in Dennis and when family comes I always send them to the Sesuit Harbor House and Motel. Kim (the owner) treats my family like hers. It makes the experience for my family so much more than just a stay at a hotel. The rooms are very clean, great location, close to the beaches and just adorable! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I almost don't want to write a review for fear of not getting a reservation again this summer due to popularity!
My husband and I stayed here in July 2012 and had a really great experience. We stayed in one of the rooms in the main house, which was very nice. The bathroom was very nice also and clean.
We have stayed in other locations on the Cape many times, and this was our favorite. The owners couldn't be more approachable and down to Earth, but still professional. I find that is the key...other places we've stayed on the Cape have lost that professionalism and it matters. The owners are putting in a lot of hard work to keep up with all the renovations they have done and make this an enjoyable stay for all.
I look forward to many more stays here in the future...
I almost forgot about the pool! It was so wonderful to come 'home' and float around after a hard day at the beach.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
#2 of 9 in Chatham
Ocean Club On Smugglers' Beach
Ocean Club On Smugglers' Beach
#3 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Sesuit Harbor House? Share your experiences!