“Great food/nice view”

Price range: US$14 - US$28
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We ate at Marshside based on a recommendation in a travel book and were not disappointed. We had the beet salad and Cape Cod Rueben and both were so good that I had to try the Blueberry Supreme dessert which was also fabulous. We ate there for lunch and the service was a tad slow but overall a great experience.

There are newer reviews for Marshside Restaurant

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were pleasantly surprised when a local person referred us to this restaurant, He said it looked expensive but it was not. We loved the fresh baked breads, beautiful marsh views, birdfeeder, and delicious menu. My sister would recommend the clam chowdah! Plan on going back again and trying the bakery items in the morning.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The salt marsh outside the windows is very beautiful and adds a very tranquil air to the atmosphere. They do their own breads and baked goods, which you can sample at the table, and in some cases, take home with you. They are delicious, so forget that gluten-free pledge for the night. There is a variety of fresh seafood and some specials if you wish to go another way. The service was average, and the food was very good. I find the place to be very consistent in quality and experience, if slightly pricey.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The service was good. The food was ok to great. The price was amazing. The view was nice. We paid $170 for a bottle of wine, 3 cocktails, 2 appetizers, 1 shared salad, 2 entrees. I guess this is normal for Cape Cod but I find it extraordinary. My wife's fish was excellent. My scallops were nice scallops that were un-remarkably prepared. Caesar salad was nice. Onion rings were nice and a huge portion. The lobster soup was nice. I suggest you order an appetizer and a salad and end with that. Maybe that is what the locals do. Nice view over the marsh.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

The view from the windows at Marshside are probably the prettiest on all of Cape Cod. Colorful green grasses, creek (high and low tide) meandering close by, and lots of birds and native critters (we saw a doe with 3 (yes, THREE) small fawns last summer after leaving Marshside! That said, the prices are higher than most places, and the food is ok--not terribly imaginative (except for specials, which are more "daring"), native seafood (?!?) is not the focus though...
The "old" Marshside is surely missed--lower prices and more "town regulars"--but that is progress, I guess. Staff good and very knowledgeable about specials. The waitress actually asked me if anyone had food allergies//a first for me--and a smart question--most restaurants ask you to tell your server about any food allergies--but it was nice to have the waitress ask. Valet parking weekends-/long long long waits on summer weekends and holidays-- but worth it.