“I'm dreading the peak of the season!”

Marshside Restaurant
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2014

After years spent on the cape and many explorations of local eateries, we finally made it to the Marshside. I'd heard about it before but every time I went past it, there were people waiting outside. I don't like to wait, so I passed.

But this restaurant is open year-round and I finally had a chance to try it out during the winter. I can't even count how many times I've been back since - both lunch and dinner. We have not yet had anything that was not delicious - everything from seafood specialties to traditional comfort food. And I thought the prices were very reasonable.

Now that we're into the high season, however, I probably won't be back. THere are, once again, bound to be long lines and waits. I'l come back after the summer crowd moves on.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had a delicious dinner at The Marshside Restaurant recently while spending a few days on Cape Cod. I had fish while my husband had the French Dip sandwich, he said it was the best he had ever had and he has had a few. The grounds are lovely with beautiful flowers and the view from inside of the marsh is delightful. I must also say that the service of the staff is attentive and friendly. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is wonderful with beautiful views of a cape cod marsh and Sesuit Bay. My wife had the scrod and my son and I had the grilled salmon and they all were very fine meals. The meals came with multiple options of starch and obviously VERY fresh vegetables. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at the Marshside Restaurant while spending the weekend in Cape Cod. The restaurant was recommended by our host family and were not disappointed. We arrived without reservations but our wait was only about 30 minutes. Our server was helpful and attentive. We had seven in our party and had a variety of entrees, including the Marshside Chicken Puff Pie, Marshside Scrod, Baked Scallops, Crab Cakes, and Mahi. All were prepared to order and arrived piping hot. Everyone enjoyed their meal. We had a table on the back of the restaurant with a window facing the marsh which made for a very enjoyable setting and meal.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Since the "new" Marshside was built, this has to be one of the finest crafted buildings on Cape Cod. You have to see it for yourself and the grounds are just impeccable with all sorts of flowers and shrubs. If you are lucky enough or want to wait, you can enjoy an unobstructed panoramic view of the Quivet Marsh in East Dennis from your table. A bonus would be if the tide is real high as it was when we visited.

We were a party of three for lunch and all had the Cape Cod Reuben, which consists of a large fried piece of white fish (probably scrod) on a delicious bun, topped with the traditional Russian dressing/mayo sauce and a piece of Romaine. In place of the sauerkraut, coleslaw is substituted making this a unique sandwich to Cape Cod. Served with the Reuben is either regular or sweet potato french fries.

Additionally, my wife had the New England clam chowder and I opted for a cup of Jeanne's Corn chowder. It consisted of corn, red peppers, bacon, onion, herbs and potatoes. Both were very good.

The service was attentive and the food was hot. I think the menu is a few dollars more for items than you might pay for comparable food at other restaurants, but its the ambiance and view you are getting for the extra cost. It's a nice treat.