“If you are nearby, give it a try”

Marshside Restaurant
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“If you are nearby, give it a try”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I visited The Marshside last year in the off season and took our family back there this year on the first day of July. Both visits were very satisfying in terms of ambience and food.
The restaurant accommodates families well and also is able to sit adults in the outer perimeter so as to give them a little more privacy. The view of the marshes is, as the name implies, spectacular and restful. There is also a full bar. Our service was excellent and the food was very good. The onion rings are thin, lightly breaded, and about the best I've ever had. All of the other items we ordered were very good. While it is Cape Cod, the prices are both fair and reasonable. Some reviewers complained of the wait, and since the restaurant does not take reservations, that could be a problem. We got there at 11:30 when the restaurant opened, so as to avoid any waiting. If I would recommend anything, it would be for the restaurant to consider some kind of online reservation service. Be sure to pick up some baked goods upon leaving. We got the chocolate chip cookies, and they are as good, if not better, than what grandma used to make--they are also huge.

• Visited July 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful view!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We came here this past weekend for my boyfriend's birthday dinner. Being a Saturday night we expected to wait awhile but we were pleasantly surprised to find it was only a 20 minute wait for two and even more pleasantly surprised when we were seated after 10! We sat and ordered our drinks and a half dozen East Dennis oysters, which were delicious. For our entrees we order the baked seafood platter which was very good, though included only 1 stuffed shrimp. My boyfriend's New York Sirloin was also delicious except slightly overcooked (definitely not a deterrent - the meal was still delicious!). Our dessert was the blueberry supreme, which is essentially a blueberry shortcake. We saw this dish come to a table near ours earlier and while it was good, the blueberry sauce was cold and would have tasted better warmed. From our table we didn't have the best view of the marsh, but we had enough of one that we could see the beautiful colors of the sunset over the trees. I would absolutely recommend dinner here!

Bluffton, Ohio
“Lovely food, service, and view”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Our seafood and non-seafood entrees were beautifully prepared. We had to sit in the bar area and park on the road because the lunch crowd was huge, so we didn't have the best view of the marsh. The view is really lovely.

Massachusetts
“I'm dreading the peak of the season!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

After years spent on the cape and many explorations of local eateries, we finally made it to the Marshside. I'd heard about it before but every time I went past it, there were people waiting outside. I don't like to wait, so I passed.

But this restaurant is open year-round and I finally had a chance to try it out during the winter. I can't even count how many times I've been back since - both lunch and dinner. We have not yet had anything that was not delicious - everything from seafood specialties to traditional comfort food. And I thought the prices were very reasonable.

Now that we're into the high season, however, I probably won't be back. THere are, once again, bound to be long lines and waits. I'l come back after the summer crowd moves on.

• Visited May 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“"Lovely view"”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had a delicious dinner at The Marshside Restaurant recently while spending a few days on Cape Cod. I had fish while my husband had the French Dip sandwich, he said it was the best he had ever had and he has had a few. The grounds are lovely with beautiful flowers and the view from inside of the marsh is delightful. I must also say that the service of the staff is attentive and friendly. I highly recommend it.