“Restaurant with a view”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Restaurant with a view”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The food her was good. I ordered something I had never had before and wasn't really enamored with it -- the preparation was fine. I just realized I didn't like whole clams. They offered to take it back and get me something more familiar to me. Although I kept it and finished it, I thought that was a very generous offer. The view of the marsh is spectacular.

Visited June 2014

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Absolutely love it”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited Marsh Side and I simply can't say enough positive things about our experience. The food was fantastic, the view was amazing, the staff were attentive and prompt without constantly hovering.

A previous reviewer noted that prices are steep for a gluten free child to have sword fish. I can not imagine bringing a nine year old to this establishment and expecting an inexpensive meal. The prices are higher than other restaurants in the area, but the location, service, and quality easily justify that.

When waiting for a table (and you will wait, this place is hopping!), enjoy a refreshing beverage on the front porch. The gardens are very well done, and it really sets the mood for the meal.

Once you're inside, prepare yourself for the indescribable views of the marsh. A large and mostly glass wall allow almost every seat in the house to see the incredible beauty that the Cape has to offer. Truly something you'll have to see first hand.

1 Thank Tom C
Newburyport, MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unfortunate choice for celiac kids”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We love Marshside. We go there expecting crowds, expecting a wait. The food is pretty steady, the view, the gardens, the waiting area are all lovely and they have toys and American Girl Dolls for the kids to play with. The one thing that disapoints me is that although they have a gluten free menu (nothing out of the ordinary here, standard, fish/salad etc.), they have nothing gluten free that is kid friendly. My daughter, who is a 45 lb 9 year old, actually loves the swordfish tips but paying $27 for an entree for her is just crazy. The server refused, then the chef/management refused to offer a kid sized portion for her. Why can't a restaurant offer gluten free options for kids?

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jomasone
Winchester, Massachusetts
“A Cape Cod must!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

....after many years on the Cape, we've been to all of the restaurants. So when we say you must go here...we know the competition! And our server Lynda...the best. Service like it use to be.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Stephanie D
Boston, Massachusetts
“If you are nearby, give it a try”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I visited The Marshside last year in the off season and took our family back there this year on the first day of July. Both visits were very satisfying in terms of ambience and food.
The restaurant accommodates families well and also is able to sit adults in the outer perimeter so as to give them a little more privacy. The view of the marshes is, as the name implies, spectacular and restful. There is also a full bar. Our service was excellent and the food was very good. The onion rings are thin, lightly breaded, and about the best I've ever had. All of the other items we ordered were very good. While it is Cape Cod, the prices are both fair and reasonable. Some reviewers complained of the wait, and since the restaurant does not take reservations, that could be a problem. We got there at 11:30 when the restaurant opened, so as to avoid any waiting. If I would recommend anything, it would be for the restaurant to consider some kind of online reservation service. Be sure to pick up some baked goods upon leaving. We got the chocolate chip cookies, and they are as good, if not better, than what grandma used to make--they are also huge.

• Visited July 2014