“Sooo good!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Kitchener, Canada
“Sooo good!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great atmosphere and great food. Their homemade bread basket is a nice treat, the seafood is delicious and the banana cream pie is a must-try!

Visited July 2014

Schenectady, NY
“Great place for the whole family!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

After finding Marshside online by searching "family restaurants near Brewster, MA" and reading the reviews on tripadvisor.com, we decided to try out this restaurant for my Mom's Birthday dinner while staying in Brewster on vacation. We had 3 adults and 4 kids ranging in age from 13 to 4 years old and decided to go a little early because of our large group. The restaurant itself is beautiful, inside and out, with gorgeous flowers and a huge open front porch to sit and relax on with a drink. The inside is a sort of a timber frame looking style - very open with lots of wood and large windows looking out to the marsh. We were immediately greeted and told that it would just be a couple of minutes for them to set up our table. We made ourselves comfortable in a very large waiting area with comfortable upholstered bench seats at the perimeter and a large island bench in the center, which we quickly realized had drawers underneath filled with various toys for young diners to play with! My son, the 4 year old was excited and actually borrowed a few to take to the table with us.

We were seated within 5 minutes in the most perfect spot in the restaurant for a group like ours - a large round table in the corner, overlooking the marsh, away from most of the other diners and with enough room next to the table for my son to play on the (very clean!) floor without disrupting others around him or the waitstaff and cozy enough for us to all be able to hear each other and not have to shout down a rectangular table. Our waitress Amanda was prompt, friendly, attentive to the children as well as the adults, offered her advice on drinks and food alike and definitely was a major factor in our awesome experience. A basket of assorted breads was on the table at the same time as our waters and the freshly baked dinner rolls, lemon poppyseed bread and savory toast points were enjoyed by the whole group. The adults decided on seasonal cocktails. Two of us had "The Happy Jack", a rum based drink mixed with a few different fruit juices. Perfect for a summer day. The Birthday girl had a "Harvest Moon" which was iced tea mixed with Cointreau, something she'd never normally choose but definitely enjoyed.

The children's menu was a nice assortment of dishes at great prices based on the portions. Two of our children had cheeseburgers with fries that could have satisfied any adult appetite and the youngest ordered "noodles with butter" which was a healthy portion of corkscrew pasta with butter and a side of shredded parmesan cheese. The teen of our group picked the chicken parmesan, which was actually two large battered pieces of chicken with a great marinara sauce and served with linguine. The Birthday girl opted for the fried scallop dinner that came with fries and coleslaw and started with the corn chowder which she found very tasty, although typically likes hers a little on the thicker side. My sister and I chose to share two appetizers as our dinner - the crab cakes and the calamari and she started with the corn chowder and I had a caesar salad with grilled shrimp as my appetizer. The shrimp were perfectly done and and super flavorful, the dressing on the salad was a good balance between light and too heavy. The crab cakes and the roumalade sauce were excellent and the calamari was done perfectly although I could have done without the banana peppers that were mixed in. They were easily picked out!

We didn't have dessert because everyone was stuffed! Dinner for 7 came to $157 and change and for the atmosphere, great service, quality and quantity of food and drink, I think it was worth every penny. Overall, a really great experience and if I'm ever back on the Cape and in the area, I definitely will plan on having dinner there again!

One other thing to note... as we were walking out, we noticed that it had become quite busy with a full waiting area and many people waiting out on the deck. The staff had set out a table with fruit and crackers and cheese for the patrons to nibble on which I thought was a really nice touch. Additionally, there were servers taking drink orders both inside and out to keep people happy as well.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank daisysue8
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Restaurant with a view”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The food her was good. I ordered something I had never had before and wasn't really enamored with it -- the preparation was fine. I just realized I didn't like whole clams. They offered to take it back and get me something more familiar to me. Although I kept it and finished it, I thought that was a very generous offer. The view of the marsh is spectacular.

Visited June 2014
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Absolutely love it”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited Marsh Side and I simply can't say enough positive things about our experience. The food was fantastic, the view was amazing, the staff were attentive and prompt without constantly hovering.

A previous reviewer noted that prices are steep for a gluten free child to have sword fish. I can not imagine bringing a nine year old to this establishment and expecting an inexpensive meal. The prices are higher than other restaurants in the area, but the location, service, and quality easily justify that.

When waiting for a table (and you will wait, this place is hopping!), enjoy a refreshing beverage on the front porch. The gardens are very well done, and it really sets the mood for the meal.

Once you're inside, prepare yourself for the indescribable views of the marsh. A large and mostly glass wall allow almost every seat in the house to see the incredible beauty that the Cape has to offer. Truly something you'll have to see first hand.

1 Thank Tom C
Newburyport, MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unfortunate choice for celiac kids”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We love Marshside. We go there expecting crowds, expecting a wait. The food is pretty steady, the view, the gardens, the waiting area are all lovely and they have toys and American Girl Dolls for the kids to play with. The one thing that disapoints me is that although they have a gluten free menu (nothing out of the ordinary here, standard, fish/salad etc.), they have nothing gluten free that is kid friendly. My daughter, who is a 45 lb 9 year old, actually loves the swordfish tips but paying $27 for an entree for her is just crazy. The server refused, then the chef/management refused to offer a kid sized portion for her. Why can't a restaurant offer gluten free options for kids?

• Visited June 2014