“Sunday evening dinner”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We ate here last weekend after a recommendation from a friend.
I had the roast beef dinner, one friend had Gammon streak and another had chicken tarragon. My beef was good but have had better whilst the medley of vegetables that came with it were delicious. No complaints about the chicken whilst the gammon was excellent.
The pub was busy which meant that we sat at a table for two which was a little squashed. The staff were efficient and friendly.
One main meal each and one drink came to £50 which was a little on the steep side for a pub, however the atmosphere, friendliness and well cooked meant it was good value. I would recommend to others and would visit again but wouldn't be at the top of the list as a "must visit" place to eat.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had a great evening with friends, well worth the drive out. Old style country pub with no frills decor but the food and service is fantastic nothing is too much trouble and the portions decent. A very well run establishment.

1  Thank russellashford
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner came here to celebrate our 4 year anniversary yesterday. All I can say is wow!! The service from staff exceeded any standards I had ever seen before! All staff were so friendly & willing to do anything possible to make our experience great! They changed a meal that had Stilton on the menu to peppercorn sauce as I asked, with being pregnant I couldn't have Stilton cheese but really fancied that dish, they did this without a problem. The food was delicious!! & portions were very generous but not too much. This was our first time here & we have already recommended our friends & family visit here! We will definitely be coming back soon! Thankyou!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This day out was lovely. My family originally owned this pub going back to early 1800. The landlord was aware of this and it was good to meet them and enjoy their wonderful food.A very friendly pub which is obviously very popular. I spoke to a few of the locals and they are clearly very impressed and continually return for the atmosphere and the food. My family had a great day and we will be going back again to see where we came from. Great

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Living locally I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful eatery on my door step. Always a very warm welcome and the food is well priced and very good quality with a wide selection for every palate. Nothing is too much trouble and changes to the menu are easily catered for. A lovely traditional public house with a warm log fire in the winter. Gets busy so book ahead